I am experimenting since 3 monhts or so with the wireguard implementation running on a RB450G. It it works, it works like a charm, but I regularly see clients suddenly failing to route via the tunnel, without having touched the condiguration on either side. The incomming connection is shown in the server, the tx counter on the client increases, but rx stays at 92 byte, after a few seconds 120 byte, etc. Whatever I tried did not fix this, only deploying a new client key pair helped.
Meanwhile I found a simpler way: If I change e.g. one character of the client's public key on the server, safe the key, and then change it back to the original, correct value and safe it, all works fine again. It seems like the internal representation of the client's public key on the server becomes somehow corrupted after a non-deterministic time. I cannot reproduce this phenomenon, and it also does not happen regularly.
Maybe this observation helps whoever is in charge of the wireguard implementation.