Community discussions

MikroTik App

alexjhart
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

WInbox feature request: drag and drop column order and right click column menu

Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:44 pm

It would be nice if you could drag and drop the order of columns in all windows in winbox. Also, if you could right click on any column name to get the dropdown to select additional columns, that would reduce friction involved instead of using dropdown and selecting show columns to see list each time you want to add a column)

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WInbox feature request: drag and drop column order and right click column menu

Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:32 pm

Few times I was thinking if using a dialog (with some list of all columns; either one with checkboxes or perhaps two lists, "available" and "selected") instead of submenu would be better for selecting visible columns. User would open it once and then he could select as many columns as needed in one go. And the order of columns could be changed there too.

I'm not sure if it would be perfect. I basically like the submenu, it's nice and simple. But I know that every time I want to add several new columns at once, going through the long submenu over and over again does not feel user friendly at all. You select one, the menu closes, you lose the focus and have to scan the whole thing again next time you open it.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:51 pm

I asked for this long time ago. It's good that others are asking for the same again.

ZeroByte
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WInbox feature request: drag and drop column order and right click column menu

Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:23 pm

+1 Column ordering would be fantastic. I've wanted that myself, and an actual column dialog window that lets you stay there and select several at a time would be very nice.

Alas - I'm sure they'll get right on it after igmp snooping... :?

africantech
just joined

Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:50 am

+1 to this request.

Column ordering would be really nice

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:35 pm

In WebFig as well! (I never use Winbox)

alexjhart
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:37 pm

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=118408&p=614776#p614776
Feature request: change the "select columns" widget so that is is possible to tick/untick several column entries without having to open the widget every time.
E.g. make it bring up a dialog with all column names and checkmarks (arranged so it fits on the screen) and an OK button to submit all changes and close it.
This is a great idea too. I would like the select box to have several columns too so that you don't have to scroll. Also like the idea of changing multiple columns' display preferences at once.

jondavy
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:43 pm

+1 in winbox and webfig

jo2jo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:14 am

+1 in winbox pls! there are many columns that i like to have added, that may be long in length, so it would be great if we could arrange the columns so that we dont have to loose important columns if we want to see long length columns.

(its really amazing the number of columns MT / Winbox allows us the ability to add!! this is so helpful , Thank you!)

(this in webfig would be nice, but i never use webfig, personally)

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:27 am

Now that I use WinBox more regularly, I also think this would be good to have, and more: there should be
some way to make those changes global across multiple routers (e.g. a group) or to save them to a template
that will be used for new routers.
Now, for every router I add I need to do those column customizations again.

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:51 am

Now, for every router I add I need to do those column customizations again.
You can copy <router1_ip>.viw to <router2_ip>.viw before connecting to the new router. It doesn't always work perfectly (depending on what customizations you do) but I find it much faster than repeating all my customizations every time I connect to a new router.

I find Winbox3 session management rather un-intuitive to use. And it kind of messes things up when using a shared folder for the sessions on computers with different screen resolutions...

eXS

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:37 am

Being able to change the order of the columns would be really helpful, and make more visual sense in situations when reading left->right while utilizing lists.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:55 am

You can copy <router1_ip>.viw to <router2_ip>.viw before connecting to the new router. It doesn't always work perfectly (depending on what customizations you do) but I find it much faster than repeating all my customizations every time I connect to a new router.
That's why I think it should be relatively easy to add a feature to 'save the current customizations as template' and then for every new router start from that template instead of from defaults.
Also, as written elsewhere, I think the .viw files should be saved on the router so they are available when connecting from another workstation...

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:21 pm

You can already open a new router with already saved session to get the same layout. Or share the same layout within all your routers...

Cha0s
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:52 pm

That's why I think it should be relatively easy to add a feature to 'save the current customizations as template' and then for every new router start from that template instead of from defaults.
Also, as written elsewhere, I think the .viw files should be saved on the router so they are available when connecting from another workstation...
Agreed.

agpsi
just joined

Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:14 pm

+1 simple yet helpful feature

jo2jo
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:24 pm

+1 for this in winbox (ability to change column order). While most of the columns (especially extra "non-standard columns) do have a pretty good default column order, there are some that are way out of place . thus ability in winbox to re-arrange or change the column order would be very helpful.

thanks

hutsch
just joined

Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:41 am

+1 for me on that
sad that his little helpful feature is on the wishlist for so long now. I am pretty sure that there is a huge interest in that but as ofen only few complain or suggest actively. Instead most people just accept and use - as me until now. Nearly every time i change my column settings in winbox i think "uh.. would be nice to have this easier and hey, changing column order would be nice...".

JesseWV
just joined

Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:45 pm

+1 here too

Niex

Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Update ?

SeparateReality
just joined

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:11 pm

+1
for a long time now

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:40 pm

Nearly every time i change my column settings in winbox i think "uh.. would be nice to have this easier and hey, changing column order would be nice...".
Indeed it is not only about changing column order, but also all the available columns should be presented in a single form where you can toggle several checkmarks before clicking OK.
It is a nuisance to have to open that context menu (2 levels) every time to change one single checkmark.

fmarais007

Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:13 pm

+1
This would still make a super useful feature.
Especially if the column you really need is on the far side of the window and you have to scroll there to see what you want.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:12 pm

+1
Especially if the column you really need is on the far side of the window and you have to scroll there to see what you want.
But it has finally been implemented! You only need to upgrade your winbox to get this function.

fmarais007

Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:47 am

+1
But it has finally been implemented! You only need to upgrade your winbox to get this function.
Ok, awesome. I see the changelog for v3.29 introduced it. I was still running v3.24 :lol: