from here
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Supported_Hardware

please enable it again

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Feature request : USB wifi support

Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:18 am

I remember reading that it was unstable or something, so there's probably not much chance to see it back. Plus it was only for some older Atheros devices, so it would not be useful for many people now. They would have to add support for something newer to make it useful, but the question is what exactly. And since they don't produce any usb wireless adapters themselves, their motivation is probably low.

I had my hopes for Woobm, which I thought would be regular USB wireless adapter, and others with same chipset could work too. But based on FCC data, I don't think so anymore (it looks like it will be just some wireless to serial device, so really only for management).
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply.

man

Tue May 28, 2019 12:01 pm

+1 for USB WiFi Support
I sure it brings more cases where Mikrotik routers may be used then!

r00t
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 28, 2019 2:41 pm

Limited support was in ROS v5 (or was it v4?), but that was removed. And I don't expect it to ever return. There's so many usb wifi devices and Mikrotik insists on writing their own drivers. I would rather see them focus and spend all their time on hardware they are selling (RB4011 5G WIFI fix when??!) then having to support even more hardware for little benefit. Yes, it would be nice to have for true OOB management, but there are far more important issues to fix at the moment. And Mikrotik clearly doesn't even have enough developers to make sure released product does what they advertise... so priority should be to first get at least current stuff fixed and running.