Community discussions

MikroTik App

MayestroPW
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

6.41rc66 Bridge VLAN Filtering and CAPs with VLAN tags.

Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:20 am

Hello,
Right now I'm using 3 MikroTik's, which are connected together. Two of them are working as APs, and one is CAPsMAN. In total there is 4 networks,
1.JPG

and every network has it's own Virtual Access Point in CAPsMAN. They are connected to the same bridge - bridge0, then there is VLAN tag on every one of them in Datapaths.
2.JPG

I'm using one bridge to connect everything - Ethernets + CAPs.
3.JPG

I tried to use new VLAN Filtering in bridges, but once I set it up and turn it on, every Ethernet port is working fine, but I'm losing connection on WiFi due to VLAN tag in CAPsMAN
4.JPG

which is impossible to filter in new VLAN Filtering in Bridge(pic #5) because they are dynamic.
5.JPG

Is there any way to do it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

freemannnn
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: 6.41rc66 Bridge VLAN Filtering and CAPs with VLAN tags.

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:30 pm

did u find a sollution to that?

kunago

Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:37 am

I am experiencing the very same thing. CAPsMAN's VLAN setting seem to be useeless at this point as PVID seems to be used instead. I have not been able to make this work.

MayestroPW
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:45 pm

Guys, you have to use static virtual interfaces in caps settings. It's not gonna solve all of your issues, but at least it will let it work.

kunago

Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:20 pm

I also need "PVID" to be implemented in CAPsMAN because without it VLAN can't be used. Developers must have forgotten about CAPsMAN which is sad. I have a rather large implementation which is unusable now.