Community discussions

MikroTik App

jaapjolman
just joined
Topic Author

[HELP] PPPOE server and client low throughput

Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:35 am

Hey Guys,

i upgraded my local node to the latest firmware the current release, ever since i did that my internet speeds on my own network went from 400mbit down and 40 up to 40mbit down and 40mbit up.
i also tested it from the server subnet which is running over static ip's instead of pppoe, i did not get the change yet to test on of the customers routers yet to see if they got the same issue but here is the setup

Mikrotik CCR1036-16-EM (BGP, PPPOE, DHCP)
Ubiquiti Switch (ES-16-XG)
Mikrotik CCR1009-RM (PPPOE CLIENT) == 40mbit/40mbit used to be 400mbit/40mbit before the upgrade

i already checked queue and even with queue disabled its still wont go above 40mbits download.

did they change something in the PPPOE-Server / PPPOE-Client that would explane this? i also use a bridge with VLANs on the bridge the new way, i suspect the bridge rewriting has something to do with this but after reverting the upgrade its still a issue

jaapjolman
just joined
Topic Author

Re: [HELP] PPPOE server and client low throughput

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:36 pm

tried another firmware but no effect, is there no body that has similar issues?

jaapjolman
just joined
Topic Author

Re: [HELP] PPPOE server and client low throughput

Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:11 pm

Also tried to see if changing from bridge to lan helps but is doesn't also tried to see if it helped if i when static but it did not help. its a CCR1009 RM that has the issue, and i can't seem to find out why