Azendale
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Feature request: Installation of IPv6 routes for proxied DHCPv6-PD responses

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:43 am

See:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=133571

Where it seems you can not configure Mikrotik to service both DHCPv6 address requests and DHCPv6-PD requests on the same interface.

Apparently, this is needed to do DOCSIS 3 (cable) IPv6 support as it does not support assigning IPv6 WAN addresses to routers with Router Advertisements.

A workaround is proxying the DHCPv6 requests to some other sever, like ISC DHCP. That works (both address and delegation requests are served), but there is what I would almost call a bug: when a prefix delegation is sent, the mikrotik proxy does not add a route for the delegated block. Manually adding a route makes everything work until the next delegation.

An additional reason I need this as proxy support is that cable DHCP requires a bunch of custom options -- things I don't see how to add for DHCPv6 in mikrotik. So I must proxy it to something that can handle those options.

Azendale
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: Feature request: Installation of IPv6 routes for proxied DHCPv6-PD responses

Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:45 am

Additionally, I see no way to run a script when a DHCPv6 response is proxied, nor variables that contain what address block was delegated to what IPv6 address/gateway, so I see no way to work around this with scripting.