Community discussions

MikroTik App

humtum82
just joined
Topic Author

ROS 6.41 Bridge VLAN

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:21 pm

I am still a newbie with VLANS and wanted some assistance with the below setup. Thank you in advance.
Capture.JPG
We are using carrier network to deliver last mile connectivity to our customer, our carrier has provided our network with VLAN 20. Therefore whenever we configure our IP details on the customers router we have to add the VLAN 20 and then the customer gets connected to our network.

Then for us to monitor the customer we have to enable SNMP, however some corporate customers do not allow that. Therefore we want to place a Mikrotik HAP-Lite router before connecting the link from the CPE to the customers router.

Basically all we want is the Router to act as a switch and we should tag the VLAN 20 on the router, then on the customer's router we shouldn't need to add any VLANS, We should be able to configure the IP details without any VLANS on the customer's router.

I read on the Mikrotik Wiki that with the new Router OS 6.41 and above, we can deploy the router and it can act as a VLAN aware switch.

Then we can enable the SNMP on our Mikrotik bridge and monitor our device rather than the customer's router.

Will really appreciate if someone can assist us with this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: ROS 6.41 Bridge VLAN

Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:16 am

There are some nice examples in manual, for example this one:

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... s_Ports.29