Community discussions

MikroTik App

LeoCombes
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Feature request: radius accounting on login also for local users

Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:56 pm

It would be good if the radius accounting also worked with local users, meaning that the login made with users configured in the router, generate an accounting request, similar to a remote registry.
Currently, radius "login" works only for accounting if authentication is also performed, and authentication is not performed if the user is in the "users" list.
Then, regardless of whether they are on the list of local "users" or not, it would be good if requested in any way. This could be useful to keep track of all logins in the router centrally.
clarification: authentication != accounting

samsung172
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Feature request: radius accounting on login also for local users

Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:58 am

then remove local user - and just use the radius user. then it will work for you. :)

LeoCombes
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:57 pm

Sure, but it's not what I want.
First, imagine that I delete the local user, trust in radius and then I lose access to the network. I can not longer login with that user, so I need a local user anyway.

But also, that way I have "local" users that do not generate an accounting request and others that do. If "local" users also generate an accounting request, you can have a centralized record of all access to the system without the need of take care of exceptions.

nocipeva
just joined

Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:15 pm

I agree with that.
Accounting and authentication are 2 different things, and it would be nice to have accounting for local users;.