Community discussions

MikroTik App

oxigeno20
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

IPV6 PPPoE deployment with several troubles

Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:17 am

I everybody, i am WISP with 1800 customers of internet (and soonly IPTV), My RIR give me an Ipv6 block "/32" and i am trying to understand several things.
My superior ISP have IPv6 and IPV4 connectivitiy and we have made two VLANS and 2 BGP peer connections for our LACNIC Blocks respectively.

1) First of all, i want an advice: I'm wondering how i could subnet the /32? (ipv6) .. Taking in consideration that i am going to deploy IPTV in a close future.
Today i have:
7 Blocks /24 IPV4 that a im using for internet users with PPPoE.
1 /32 IPV6 to deploy Internet and IPTV.

2) My plan could be start using IpV6 with people who hire IPTV + Internet service.
But here is my question, (taking in consideration that i am used to giving PPPoE to my customers); How i could deploy that with dual stack?
What VLANS do you suggest me?

3) I was doing some research and made a lot of testing but i couldnt be able to get IPv6 dual stack working.
I have this cases:

a) when i transport 2 differents PPPoE Servers over diferents Vlans (1 fr IPv4 and other for IPv6), On the client router i could't get connected both tunnels simultaneously, I mean, I get for a while but they kept disconecting all the time. I tried changing the distance of the default routes, but its the same.

b) if i disabled on pppoe client (for example IPv6) i got conected perfectly with IPV4 without any problem. If i do the oposite, Disable IPv4 and Enable Ipv6 pppoe client tunnel, I got connected with IPv6 but i am only able to navigate sites from google (youtube, etc). Neither other site its accesible. And i havent none ping.

I have tied to do a lot of testing but i cant find the solution.
It is really very rare.
I hope someone could help me.
Best regards.
Nicolas From Argentina.

oxigeno20
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: IPV6 PPPoE deployment with several troubles

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Someone?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:57 pm

I don't have much experience with PPPoE apart from having one at home. My ISP is using single PPPoE connection for both IPv4 and IPv6, so personaly I find your setup with two PPPoE tunnels slightly odd.

I'm not saying it's wrong though.

oxigeno20
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:42 pm

Thanks for your support!!! it could be a good begining. I will try to setup both wit one PPPoE tunnel.
Cheers.