Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

bobbyv
just joined
Topic Author

Bricked and no longer working

Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:23 am

So I have a LHG-LTE (US model).  Had it for a few months, had to tweak settings as of late but overall worked pretty good.  Anyways, I upgraded for 6.45.7 (stable) to the development (7.+).  upgraded through the portal and it bricked the unit.  I had to use netinstall to get it to work and reinstalled a former version.  

My problem is to get it to work, I have to hold the reset button every time to get it to work.  otherwise it turns on but no response and no light/status changes. solid power and ethernet, no flicker.  Only way to get it to boot up is to hold the reset while powering it up.

I also tried downgrading through the web portal and same result.  Its like the boot loader doesnt kick on when booting it regular.  Thoughts?

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Bricked and no longer working  [SOLVED]

Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:07 am

Check to make sure that you didn't upgrade the bootloader firmware to 7.0 (under System->Routerboard, "Current Firmware"). Netinstall should have replaced the bootloader firmware too, but not a bad idea to double check. You can also go into "Settings" in the same menu to check that your boot device is correctly at the default "nand-if-fail-then-ethernet".

If you wanted to try upgrading it to 7 again, the reason it was bricked is because you can't go from 6.45.x to 7 directly - you have to first upgrade to 6.46.x.