Community discussions

MikroTik App

yonasz
just joined
Topic Author

Cant connect to hap ac2

Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:36 pm

After upgrade to v7beta 4 (i need openvpn) i cant connect to router. I reinstall firmware 6 with netinstall after 300s reset realese button. I cant connect with winbox 192.168.88.1 i found some info i need connect via mac adress but how i can check mac adress? Is my router bricked ?Its recover firmware via netinstall with ok result. Please help me.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Cant connect to hap ac2

Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:49 pm

Connection via MAC address is done using winbox ... and winbox, if router is alive enough, will autodiscover it ...

yonasz
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:04 am

I found mac adres in netinstall but i can connect to winbox only with 6.46 fw .Is there any way to enable wifi without winbox?? Is reset for 10s enable wifi ("Enabling CAPs mode
To connect this device to a wireless network managed by CAPsMAN, keep holding the button for 5 more seconds, LED turns solid, release now to turn on CAPs mode (total 10 seconds)"??
After v7b4 installation i cant connect to router i allready trying to upgrade from 4.61 ; 4.6 testing and net install.
BTW after net install on first connection i have to use Mac adress and than set manual IP. Is there any Way to keep or set IP with net install. Default 192.168.88.1 not working after netinstall.

ykleet

Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:17 am

I had exactly the same problem as you. Cant connect to mikrotik after upgrade to 7.1Beta4. After fall back to version 6.4x with NetInstall, still no connection. Applying another 10 sec reset to reset config to default can fix the problem. Mine device is hap ac2. Actually, I met the problem since 7.1 beta 3 (I didn't try any version prior to beta 3).

kalamaja
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:18 am

Kind suggestion: never with any system or hardware, please don't touch any alpha/beta quality software before you are fully fluent in your restore and recovery procedures, with Mikrotik it means - how netinstall and winbox are working. As with any crisis/recovery plan, you should practice it safely before actual crisis.

You don't tell if you lost connection to WiFi, ethernet or both. If you tried only WiFi then try with ethernet cable. Router should appear in winbox Neighbors tab automatically and if it doesn't have IP-address then click on it's MAC address to enter using this to reset configuration to default or smth. It's a common practice for Mikrotik to disable interfaces that it doesn't know how to configure: restore incompatible backup, wifiwave2 module renames 5ghz interface to wifi1 etc.

Did you just hold the button or were actually able to netinstall your router? Sometimes it's quite tricky to get it done (disable virtualmachine interfaces etc). Most probably you didn't brick your device, it just needs netinstall or access over MAC-address.

For good-quality OpenVPN, install it in some linux-machine (raspberry or better) and just portforward through the stable router.