Community discussions

MikroTik App

szastan
Topic Author

Hotspot

Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:24 pm

Hi all

did anybody manage to run hotspot on ROSv7? I'm struggling to make it work with same config as on ROSv6 but despite the firewall filter and nat rules being correctly created I'm not pushed to login page. Can anyone check on that?

szastan
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot

Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:44 am

bumping up, can someone check please? For now I don't have clue if this is problem in my config or ROSv7 bug. Ticket is already submitted but no response yet.

stevenfox
just joined

Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi,

I am facing the same issue as you. I can't make the hotspot work even though I tried several setups on Mikrotik.
I have flagged the issue in the general section.
viewtopic.php?t=171355

Please let us know if anyone made it work.

aliboy

Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:39 am

I have the same problem.

markandrew88
just joined

Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:38 pm

same here
having no problem with my portal on routeros v6 on RB750 and RB760iGS,

when I bought rb5009 i got issues on my hotspot portals. could not trigger vouchers automatically prompt is transaction cancelled.

MaIik
just joined

Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:41 pm

Hi, I'm using ccr2004-16g-2s+, having the same problem. Sometimes it's work.
but, I have this major (bug?) problem. After a minute of logging in (or around 90MB of data usage), there's no Internet Access.
I have never experienced this before, when I was using rb450gx4 ros v6.
This happened only on ccr2004 with os v7. I check and upgraded the OS from 7.0.4 to 7.1rc7.
Still no internet for Hotspot active users.
I bypassed 1 of my device from Hotspot, and it can access the Internet.
I rechecked everything and I don't think there's a problem with my config.

leemans
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:33 am

I'm having the same issue on Routerboard 5009 with ROS version 7.1r7.
MT Support told me that it's solved in this version which is clearly not.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:35 pm

I currently have it running on a mAP with CAPSMAN and mAP Lite as cap (lab setup) using 7.1, coming from 7.1rc7.
2 smartphones and 1 tablet as client devices.
No Radius.

It works with some quirks...
- after logout, login page sometimes does not show again but the connection is being made (cookie doing its thing). Manual entering login page seems to help then to get to status page.
- Occasional 404 errors thrown in from time to time. Usually cleared through disabling Wifi, enabling again.
- Sometimes even reboot of mAP needed to clear the pipes.

What I am still struggling with is multiple devices for one user (currently circumvented setting 1 user per device).

khialb32

Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:09 pm

I currently have it running on a mAP with CAPSMAN and mAP Lite as cap (lab setup) using 7.1, coming from 7.1rc7.
2 smartphones and 1 tablet as client devices.
No Radius.

It works with some quirks...
- after logout, login page sometimes does not show again but the connection is being made (cookie doing its thing). Manual entering login page seems to help then to get to status page.
- Occasional 404 errors thrown in from time to time. Usually cleared through disabling Wifi, enabling again.
- Sometimes even reboot of mAP needed to clear the pipes.

What I am still struggling with is multiple devices for one user (currently circumvented setting 1 user per device).
same thing happens with me as for holvoetn
as for how I got it working partially,
I enabled arp on the hotspot interface, the Add arp on dhcp release does not seem to work with v7.

thewickerman666
just joined

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:59 am

i can confirm that by setting the arp to enabled on the HotSpot interface, the login page comes up. This is ROS7.1 on RB4011iGS.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:19 am

Just checked, ARP was already active on the hotspot itf I am using.
I am still seeing 404's from time to time.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:21 pm

More testing needed but it looks like 7.2rc1 improved things quite a bit.
Counters I have never seen moving unless logging out now nicely follow user traffic during sessions.

Calscom
just joined

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:16 pm

After upgrading to ROS7.1, I could not access x.x.x.x/userman, consequently, all users cannot be authenticated anymore. I have tried to recreate user in winbox using the hotspot but I still experience page 404. I need support plz.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:22 am

After upgrading to ROS7.1, I could not access x.x.x.x/userman, consequently, all users cannot be authenticated anymore. I have tried to recreate user in winbox using the hotspot but I still experience page 404. I need support plz.
Link has changed with ROS7.
Try x.x.x.x/um

rumahnetmks
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:24 pm

Admin page for usermanager ROS7 now can be access directly at Winbox top left menu. When u open it u will see some tabs that have settings similar with ROS6 UserManager admin panel x.x.x.x/userman.
I manage to make hotspot works with RB4011 v7.1 using UserManager and Radius. No any configuration change for DHCP and Hotspot, only usermanager settings need tweak at some points.
Bridge Hotspot : ARP Reply-Only
DHCP : Add ARP For Leases, Radius = No
Hotspot : Use Radius = Yes, Login by : HTTP CHAP, Cookie
Some trouble that I find :
* When an user turn off the turn on his device wifi while he has internet ON by hotspot (arp table DCH status for his device), with my static DHCP settings, add arp for leases make his device arp table become red (DIH status). So he won't get internet because of that. In ROSv6.49.2 UserManager this is not happen. Elighten me if I miss something.
* DIH Arp Table Status happen too when new user join our hotspot. After connect to the AP, he got DIH, hotspot login page not shown. I must manually make him static at ARP Table (C Status) to get login page show to him.
Back at v6.49.2 all user that have connected to AP should get D ARP Status, they can immidiately get login page and DCH Status when have login at hotspot.
Now always get DIH status at v7.1.1 after connect to AP, need to static it first to get C Status at ARP Table then login page open up, then he can enter his user+pass.
* Byte limit like Transfer-Limit, Download or Upload-Limit, will not work when I setting at ROS7 UserManager>Limitations. For this I have workaround using UserManager Attributes. Temporary solution. Need enlightment too for this matter.
Note : I found workaround just to simplify it, by make attributes Transfer-Limit entry at 'UserGroups' then later apply at 'Users', rather than fill in at each users attributes form.
So for now I re-write all limitation and fill the info into UserManager 'UserGroups' setting.
* Next is maybe a bug. For PPPoE user I use Usermanager to manage it too. Have bug that happen when I remove my user PPP>Interface (DR, status). Usermanager Session will give 'Nas Request' Terminate Cause, then it will make a duplicate entry that I cant remove at PPP>Active Connection (I have set all settings related to Only One).
Later I found at terminal, /ppp/active just show one entry, so this is just a bug at GUI side.

LATEST EDIT :
I have now using v7.8. Remain hotspot problem occur with me are here viewtopic.php?t=192037
Thx
Last edited by rumahnetmks on Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

flaviojunior
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:44 am

For who are looking for a soluction on HotSpot page not been working on ROSv7, set the arp to enable, use reply-only with dhcp add arp for leases not work, probably a bug.

rocca
just joined

Mon Jun 12, 2023 11:34 pm

Hi,

The problem with arp reply-only and hotspot remains on 7.9.2.
Set arp=local-proxy-arp in interface section and add-arp=yes in DHCP section solved the problem (this option is not mandatory to solve the issue)

Using arp=reply-only on hotspot interfaces seems that the DHCP server does not update the ARP table on Mikrotik, so the remote host cannot resolve the router's IP address and logically cannot access the hotspot's login web page

If mikrotik team read this post, is it a workaround to solve this issue and help against ARP spoofing attacks?