Community discussions

MikroTik App

overfrenk
just joined
Topic Author

Simple queue on RouterOS v7

Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:14 pm

Hi, I'm trying to use a pc with os 7.1b2 with only the SIMPLE QUEUE functionality but it doesn't work! On the routerboard I have always done it with 0 problems but here nothing, I cannot. I do everything as always: ethernet 1 and ethernet 2 in the bridge, static ip assigned to the bridge only, in the bridge I select use IP FIREWALL. Lan 1 connected to the modem Lan 2 network with various PCs. Is it different in OS7? The pc is an i7 8700k 16gb ddr4 ssd M2, Lan 1 intel onboard Lan 2 intel pcie. Where am I wrong?

ivantirado
just joined

Re: Simple queue on RouterOS v7

Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:36 pm

Why are you using a bridge? If you only have 2 nics, one for lan and one for wan, you route between them.. why did you configure a bridge?

Afaik you can’t set queues on a bridge, they would have to be set on the physical interface. I have done it on plain Linux to use cake in transparent bridge mode, (behind the MikroTik).

overfrenk
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:31 pm

I understand, but I never did! Would you be kind enough to help me? The mikrotik pc is immediately after a CLEAROS firewall, so mikrotik must be transparent and not block anything, only bandwidth on IP that I sign in the queues! No DHCP no firewall, nothing. Very simple but for me who have always used the bridge it is new. Thank you.

ivantirado
just joined

Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:32 pm

I understand, but I never did! Would you be kind enough to help me? The mikrotik pc is immediately after a CLEAROS firewall, so mikrotik must be transparent and not block anything, only bandwidth on IP that I sign in the queues! No DHCP no firewall, nothing. Very simple but for me who have always used the bridge it is new. Thank you.
Oh, I see. Any reason you are trying to do this with Mikrotik? If you're not going to use any of the capabilities then just install Linux on the PC and do the queue that way.. I KNOW that works because Ive done it before. However, I haven't done it with Mikrotik. In essence what you want is to attach the queue to the physical interface (whichever one you pick) in the bridge, not the bridge itself. You might have to use the Queue Tree instead and set the queue parent to be the desired interface.