Community discussions

MikroTik App

gumilev
just joined
Topic Author

LTE - Fasttrack = low speed internet over WiFi (Chateau 12)

Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:13 pm

I bought a router to get more LTE speed and more functionality. I use a router in a country house, the operator's tower Megafon-Moscow (Russia) is in line of sight 1 km away from me. I used to use a huawei 525 router, it worked in b7 + b7 and gave out dl 100-200 and ul 30-50 megabits and ping 85-95 (a similar xiaomi mobile phone) By connecting a new Mikrotik Chateau 12 router, with firmware v7.1beta2 (firmware modem EG12EAPAR01A06M4G) I saw the best reception speeds in the same b7 + b7 aggregation, in most cases the best ping is 50-60ms, and higher uplink (ul 40-65), but the download speed has become at the level of dl 10-30 megabits. Initially, the firmware was stable 7.0, but this did not affect the speed in any way. In addition, I know another person who, in another city, also at the dacha, also bought Chateau 12 instead of huawei 525, and got about the same speeds as mine - 30 versus 200 megabits (operator Megafon Moscow, but a different area) ... I took all measurements in one place, with the same SIM-card at the same time. What should I do? Return under warranty, or is it possible to diagnose the problem differently and get rid of it? I am attaching 3 screenshots: mikrotik chateau 12, huawei 525, xiaomi t9 pro.
Last edited by gumilev on Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gumilev
just joined
Topic Author

Re: LTE b7+b7 does not work Chateau 12

Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:40 pm

I did a big investigation today!
I connected the device to the wired interface, and I saw that the Internet speed over the wire was more than 100 megabits !!!
Then I tried to measure the copying speed over the wireless interface within the network in order to understand if the problem is in the wireless interface or not. The speed of copying within the network via Wifi was more than 200 megabits, however, the speed over the wireless interface when accessing the Internet did not rise above 40 megabits.
I went further and tried SIM cards from other operators, one of them was Beeline-Moscow, in my LTE area it broadcasts at b3 frequency, without aggregation. The speed during the measurement was 90 megabits, so I found out that the problem was either in the operator or in the used frequency b7.
Frustrated - I took the router, purchase documents and returned it to the store.
I bought a new router of the same kind, launched it, and lo and behold !!! Internet speed via Wifi became, as expected, close to 200 megabits (as before, b7 + b7 aggregation). The out-of-the-box firmware was 7.0 and I decided to update it by installing 7.1beta2. Here the real culprit was found, after the firmware, the speed again became a maximum of 40 megabits! I hope for the earliest possible correction of this problem, I am ready to conduct additional tests on my equipment if necessary.

gumilev
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Until my problem is solved, tell me how can I downgrade the firmware to 7.0 and where can I get it?
netinstal is not available to me because now there is no computer with a wired interface.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:43 pm

Until my problem is solved, tell me how can I downgrade the firmware to 7.0 and where can I get it?
netinstal is not available to me because now there is no computer with a wired interface.
This is not possible for us from forum to share you file who is not publishted by MikroTik itself.
You must contact directly with mikrotik.com/support or support@mikrotik.com to they share you a ros7.0.npk for netinstall procedure.
Maybe they share you a ros7.1beta3 or newer, ask them directly !

gumilev
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:27 am

I am adding information.
I downloaded the 7.1beta1 firmware from https://download.mikrotik.com/routeros/ ... a1-arm.npk and downgraded the version via winbox.
Nothing changed, the speed continued to remain low.
Then I picked up a link from 7.0beta5, here it is https://download.mikrotik.com/routeros/ ... a5-arm.npk and downgraded the version to it. After the downgrade, the Internet disappeared, in the interface I saw how the modem was receiving a signal and transmitting data, but the Internet did not appear in the browser. Then I did a factory reset. A miracle happened !!! I finally got fast internet again! I hope the tests I have given will help you find the cause and fix it in the next firmware!

gumilev
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:05 pm

On firmware 7.0.beta8, I again see a drop in download speed to 30 megabits :(

sapphire112
just joined

Re: LTE b7+b7 ne fonctionne pas Château 12

Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:38 pm

where I can find this 7.0beta 6 firmware which was at the origin of the purchase of LTE12 castles, because I have the same problem the aggregation falls quickly while my old huawei router the three bands are fixed or when I ask for data

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:30 am

Then I picked up a link from 7.0beta5, here it is https://download.mikrotik.com/routeros/ ... a5-arm.npk and downgraded the version to it.
I finally got fast internet again!
Do you report that ?

I will be do the same testing like you and check if this differ ros7 have that problem in my schema too, if I confirm that then I create case with mikrotik too !

gumilev
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:25 pm

Do you report that ?
Yes, I wrote to the mail with a link to this topic. No response has yet been received. The most important thing for me is that I tested this on 2 different devices (Chateau 12), doing a general reset, and the problem was confirmed.

gumilev
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:21 am

There was a solution to the problem, such a solution was suggested by a user from a Russian technical forum. What was done:
1.fasttrack enabled
2.the command is executed: /routing/rule/add routing-mark=main table=main action=lookup
After these actions, the download speed of the Internet on wifi devices turns from a limited 20-30 megabits (there is no problem with this on the LAN interface) into real 80-230 megabits.
If I turn off Fasttrack, the Internet download speed on wifi devices again becomes 20-30 megabits. Is that how it should be?
In support I sent my observations, I have not received an answer yet.

Original:
Появилось решение проблемы, такое решение предложил пользователь с российского технического форума. Что было сделано:
1. включен Fasttrack
2. выполнена команда: /routing/rule/add routing-mark=main table=main action=lookup
После этих действиях скорость загрузки интернета на wifi устройствах превращается с ограниченных 20-30 мегабит (на LAN интерфейсе с этим проблем нет) в реальные 80-230 мегабит.
Если отключаю Fasttrack - скорость загрузки интернета на wifi устройствах снова становится 20-30 мегабит. Разве так должно быть?
В поддержку отправил свои наблюдения, ответа пока не получал.

infabo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: LTE - Fasttrack = low speed internet over WiFi (Chateau 12)

Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:45 pm

chateau with its beta-only firmware is quite unstable. I paid 200€ for some "experimental kit". the slow progress they make on v7 (according to their feature roadmap for v7), I cant see a stable release before 2022. It is really sad.

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:17 am

There was a solution to the problem, ...
MikroTik say that wifi problems are solve in some case what I speak... I not 100% it's your problem. People write and Mtk answer here: write at post viewtopic.php?f=1&t=165248#p821340

You can check and confirm that your case is solved by new ros7.1b3 https://download.mikrotik.com/routeros/ ... a3-arm.npk and change log say
What's new in 7.1beta3 (2020-Dec-02 15:59):
*) other fixes and improvements;
and this other fixes should solving wifi problems... please check.