Community discussions

MikroTik App

mafiosa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

HAP AC^2 wifi clients stuck obtaining IP address

Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:59 am

On Rosv7.1 b2 wifi clients on connecting to wifi are stuck at obtaining ip address. this issue is only solved on rebooting the router but it reoccurs everytime.

WeWiNet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: HAP AC^2 wifi clients stuck obtaining IP address

Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:36 am

I have seen similar issues:
- moving a working ROS6.46 and ROS6.47 config to ROS7 (tried on beta2 and 7.0.1). Most Wifi clients do work, all the wired networks do work
(So I know that the system works as I have some clients working correctly on all Wired, Wireless, VLAN, bridge i/f etc.).
but :
- Apple Ipad gets IP but has no Internet connection !
- SonOff (ESP based) devices do not get DHCP (while Amazon and others devices get one); and another IOT device (based as well on ESP Wifi chip) also does not acquire DHCP lease

I am right into debugging this... anything new on your side?

mafiosa
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:17 am

I have seen similar issues:
- moving a working ROS6.46 and ROS6.47 config to ROS7 (tried on beta2 and 7.0.1). Most Wifi clients do work, all the wired networks do work
(So I know that the system works as I have some clients working correctly on all Wired, Wireless, VLAN, bridge i/f etc.).
but :
- Apple Ipad gets IP but has no Internet connection !
- SonOff (ESP based) devices do not get DHCP (while Amazon and others devices get one); and another IOT device (based as well on ESP Wifi chip) also does not acquire DHCP lease

I am right into debugging this... anything new on your side?
I contacted support they provided me with an image that seems to mitigate this issue.

skrdlt
just joined

Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:30 am

Same problem. When we should expect new beta with fix for problem?

Xand
just joined

Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:19 am

Hi, same issue here.
hAP ac^2 v7.1b2, but it only happens on my 5Ghz interface.
After some uptime, one of the devices does not receive ip address from DHCP. And the only information in the log is that device is connected to wifi. Nothing about DHCP.
After reboot device is connected and after a day or two another one will have this problem.

tylermmoore
just joined

Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:36 pm

Same issue for me. Almost seems like its when the device (phone) tries to reconnect to the wifi it wont provide an IP since it already things its on the wifi.

Any help would be appreicated. (I have a Hap AC2 and Cap AC in my house currently)

infabo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Same issue here on the Chateau LTE12 with 7.1beta2. 2days and a few hours up, and my macbookpro does not receive a lease anymore.

jerryro
just joined

Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:46 pm

Hi, same issue here.
hAP ac^2 v7.1b2, but it only happens on my 5Ghz interface.
After some uptime, one of the devices does not receive ip address from DHCP. And the only information in the log is that device is connected to wifi. Nothing about DHCP.
After reboot device is connected and after a day or two another one will have this problem.
This is exactly the same problem I just came here to try to figure out. My hAP ac^2 on v7.1b2 has been so unstable, I have had to disable the wlan2 radio. I find that this problem also occurs when the interface is in 'station bridge' mode, just not "ap bridge'.

infabo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:12 am

v7.1b2 is so unstable, I'm considering returning the whole device. Selling hardware with software that is not capable of the even most basic operations - holy moly. Every trunk-image of Openwrt has been more stable in the past.

archont
just joined

Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:53 pm

v7.1b2 is so unstable, I'm considering returning the whole device. Selling hardware with software that is not capable of the even most basic operations - holy moly. Every trunk-image of Openwrt has been more stable in the past.
Are you aware of fact, that this software is beta, not stable release? You can always use stable release, which is working fine.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:56 pm

Are you aware of fact, that this software is beta

@infabo wrote that he's using Chateau LTE12 ... for which ROSv6 doesn't even exist, so being victim of ROSv7 beta is not his choice (apart from making a mistake of buying a bleeding edge device). So his complaints are well founded and real.

redhatperl
just joined

Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:01 am

Same issue here on the Chateau LTE12 with 7.1beta2. I usually use 2.4 GHz band for WiFi and both my Android/iOS devices do not connect constantly to router. While I am connected using wired cable on my laptop, everything works as expected. Only issue with wireless connections.

Mikrotik are you listening?

infabo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:19 pm

Of course there are warnings about instability and alpha-quality routeros everywhere on the product page...wait, there is not a single hint. https://mikrotik.com/product/chateau_lte12

I was aware that the device launched somewhen this year May or so, and has still a v7beta on it - but I assumed they figured out major issues, as ros v7 beta is going on since 2019 already. Reading everywhere that mikrotik devices are so super stable rock solid, I could not imagine, that a public beta is more or less a alpha build in early stage. Other companies wouldnt even go public in this state. not speaking of releasing hardware for roundabout 200€ shipped with some early stage operating system. just my 2 cents.

memelchenkov
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:19 pm

I also have Wi-Fi disconnection issues with Chateau and iPhone (ROS 7 stable build and 7.1b2 the same). Beta is even worse—it does not reconnect until I renew the lease manually on the iPhone.

redhatperl
just joined

Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:01 pm

I worked with Support and installed the beta on Chateau they provided. Wifi issue seems to be solved now. Please contact support for your device.

mandud
just joined

Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:57 am

Getting same issue on hap ac3 os 7.1rc5
After some uptime dhcp assignment getting problem and can't browse