Community discussions

MikroTik App

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Non-serious module errors resets LTE connection. Is this by design in RoSv7b2?

Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:12 pm

We are performing some internal tests with RoSv7b2 on a custom LTE device using RB912UAG-5HPnD and Huawei ME909

When using lte-chat, we've noticed that many errors (even non-serious ones) returned from the LTE module resets the lte interface ie restarting the connection.

Questions:
  1. is this behavior by design in general by the RoSv7 LTE interface controller or just the specific LTE driver (Huawei in this case)?
  2. Is there any way to prevent the connection from being reset in the event of non "serious" errors? (I was thinking for example setting the lte-module to different error levels or similar)

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Non-serious module errors resets LTE connection. Is this by design in RoSv7b2?

Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:03 am

Sorry, The glass ball broke.
What errors ?

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Topic Author

Re: Non-serious module errors resets LTE connection. Is this by design in RoSv7b2?

Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:19 am

Errors returned as value of the AT command (ie AT final result code) as in: < CR > < LF > E R R O R < CR > < LF > as in Chapter 1.4 AT Command Syntax, ref: http://download-c.huawei.com/download/d ... dId=100630

My theory is the lte async receiver listens for any kind of error and resets the interface accordingly regardless if the command is issued by the driver or lte-chat.
nov/11 14:20:37 lte,async lte1: rcvd ERROR 
nov/11 14:21:19 lte,async lte1: rcvd ERROR 

Questions remains:
  1. is this behavior by design in general by the RoSv7 LTE interface controller or just the specific LTE driver (Huawei in this case)?
  2. Is there any way to prevent the connection from being reset in the event of non "serious" errors? (I was thinking for example setting the lte-module to different error levels or similar)

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:19 am

Ask support@mikrotik.com or https://mikrotik.com/support because they can give you info.
RouterOS v6 vs v7 works differ and some modules must use some additional commands for APN, or set mode to auto from mbim etc.
I not use that lte module and not have practive with it.