Community discussions

MikroTik App

erkexzcx
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Any chance to install ROS6 on Chateau 12?

Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:18 pm

Any chance to get ROS6 working on Chateau 12 router?

I know this router is ROS7 only. But let's be honest - this is a bit too aggressive approach from Mikrotik to force users to use beta software in order to get it more tested and more bugs fixed in the long run. Because of some bugs that affects common usage scenarios this is somewhat "unacceptable".

• SUP-38788 - IPSEC/IKE2 not establishing from ROS7 to ROS6
  • SUP-38671 - unable to export full configuration of the router without getting console hunged

It's nice that Mikrotik fixed a random WiFi disconnects bug with the beta3, but above bugs, especially SUP-38788, really disappoints and more or less my current Chateau12 cannot be used as IPSEC/IKE2 client (one of the reasons why I bought it).

Cablenut9
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Any chance to install ROS6 on Chateau 12?

Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:29 pm

Have you tried Netinstall?

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:36 pm

Never tried myself with netinstall, but MT devices generally refuse to install ROS version lower than factory default. Reasoning behind it is that older versions of ROS may lack some vital drivers and would brick the device. Which can be a PITA sometimes if one wants slightly older ROS on an otherwise older model recently produced.... In case of Chateau I'd fully expect that ROS v6 lacks a few drivers, otherwise I strongly doubt MT would force v7 on that model.

aliboy

Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:58 am

This is confusing for Chateau users

System > Packages > Check For Updates

chateau.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Kampfwurst
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:22 pm

the Chateau 12 is nealy unusable with ROS6. I would also like to install ROS6 on it. The time between the releases from ROS 7 is to long.

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:45 am

I am some surprised that MT sells product with only Beta software. This tells me that MT must speed up in releasing v7. Not sure if that is good or bad for the release of v7.

memelchenkov
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:28 pm

I am some surprised that MT sells product with only Beta software. This tells me that MT must speed up in releasing v7. Not sure if that is good or bad for the release of v7.
There is nowhere mentioned it was a beta: nor in shops, nor on Mikrotik website. It's definitely not a good marketing experience at this time. I.e. when I bought mine, it was factory flashed with 7.0 firmware. It was not labelled as beta, it was 7.0 release. Unfortunately, it was alpha quality, it simply did not work for my use-case. Fortunately, submitted bug reports helped me to resolve much of issues in pre-7.1b4 version which I use now. For fast stabilising v7 it is good, but from customer's standpoint it's bad.