Community discussions

MikroTik App

jawadadil0001
just joined
Topic Author

Run NAS on router when DHCP is disabled

Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:33 am

Hello,
I currently have mikrotik Hex-S, Model: RB760iGS and TP-Link N600 router. DHCP on router is disabled and addresses are being managed by mikrotik. I have two USB ports on my TP-Link router and I want to use them for mini NAS server.

I'm able to run NAS and access files when DHCP on the router is enabled. But when I disable DHCP, I can't access the router or NAS which was accessible when DHCP was running on it. If I enable DHCP on the router, users are managed by router itslef and mikrotik server detects the router as another user. I want mikrotik to manage the users but I also want to use the NAS of my router.

Following is the image of back of my router.
images.jpg
When I have DHCP enabled, I have to connect my ethernet cable from mikrotik ethernet5 to blue port in order to access internet. But when the DHCP is disabled, I have to connect the wire to yellow ports to access internet.

Users are being managed by using RADIUS on mikrotik.

I don't want to use SMB of mikrotik, rather, I want to access NAS of my router instead while DHCP is off.

Is there any way to acheive this?

PS: Sorry if I didn't make you clear because I'm not a networking guy. You can ask me for any details if required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kiler129
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Run NAS on router when DHCP is disabled

Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:52 am

1. This problem has nothing to do with MikroTik, you need to ask TP-Link folks
1a. Hint: with the quality of N600 software you probably need to go OpenWRT route but the performance will be terrible anyway.
2. This post doesn't belong to ROSv7 subforum