Community discussions

MikroTik App

paintballer4lfe
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

[solved] wireguard tunnel no forward routing

Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:58 am

So as the title states I can see and receive the packets being sent through the tunnel to my tik to send to an internal host and I can see the packets coming back from the internal host trying to get back to 192.168.6.1 (wireguard server at end of tunnel).

However when I check the tunnel I can ONLY see the incoming packets and the outgoing attempts from the internal host back to the wireguard server IP never get processed/forwarded through.

As for Firewall and NAT I have nothing, everything is allowed and no NAT on the Tik, it's functioning as a router only as I want it to do. I have static routes showing correctly on the Tik for the wireguard server IP so routing wise there shouldn't be anything not working.

I have not opened a support ticket with support because I'm trying to see how this functions on a monthly VPS to see if it's worth running and I can't wait weeks for support to get back to me.
Last edited by paintballer4lfe on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

baronkis
just joined

Re: wireguard tunnel no forward routing

Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:29 am

Hi, I try wireguard and work for me while I add point-to-point ip addresses on both wireguard interfaces. For example I add 10.10.10.1/30 for first router wireguard interface and 10.10.10.2/30 for second router wireguard interface. Then I add routes to p2p ip and static routes working. Good luck :)

paintballer4lfe
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Re: wireguard tunnel no forward routing

Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:58 am

It ended up being an issue with the ubuntu server routing, fixed the issue on the server side but unfortunately the VPS could not offer what I am in need of so on to the next hoster.