Community discussions

MikroTik App

stemac
just joined
Topic Author

USB LTE interfaces problem on x86

Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:04 am

Hi guys from april 2021 i'm using an rbm33g with ROSv7.1 (b5 and b6 now) with 2 LTE interfaces connected via usb3 through an hub without problems.
Now I decided to switch to x86 to have more power, after the configuration I tried first with 1 LTE Interface (Quectel EM160-R) via USB3 and I noticed that I have full speed in upload but download throttled to 3mbps, after i tried the sencond lte interface (Quectel EM12-G) and all the interfaces stop working, for example if i disable the route for lte1 and i try to use lte2 it shows packets sent on lte2 but it recongize packet received on lte1, so I thought that was an usb controller driver problem (ROS makes confusion with serial port) or I have to change something usb-related in bios settings?

Tried on 2 PCs and they show the same behavior

Thanks in advance for the help

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: USB LTE interfaces problem on x86

Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:15 pm

At forum we can only say you how to run stuff, when you know that and at other platform it's not work then you have only two options.
Try the /system/routerboard/usb/set type=mini-PCIe
If this not help then sorry but you must write to support@mikrotik.com or help.mikrotik.com

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: USB LTE interfaces problem on x86

Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:33 pm

/system/routerboard/usb/set is only for rbm33 as it switches routing of usb signals on board.
It doesn't exist on x86/x64... so that's not going to help you.

For troubleshooting you can try to force all USB ports to 2.0 in BIOS if that changes anything. If yes, it's likely USB controller driver problem. If not, it's modem driver.
There is little you can do to debug this as a user... best is to contact support, send them supout.rif files and describe the issue clearly.