Community discussions

MikroTik App

Cablenut9
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

OSPF distribute-default option is missing

Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:59 am

Yet another problem with v7 OSPF! I can't find a distribute-default setting anywhere for creating a default OSPF route. I need this for a network I want to build, but since it's not available in v7 yet, I'm out of luck. Will it ever be added again?

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: OSPF distribute-default option is missing

Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:02 pm

Yet another problem with v7 OSPF! I can't find a distribute-default setting anywhere for creating a default OSPF route. I need this for a network I want to build, but since it's not available in v7 yet, I'm out of luck. Will it ever be added again?
No, but it is currently possible to redistribute the default route. I think you just misunderstand how it is done. You have to check what protocol the default route is being received over (static, DHCP, BGP, or whatever) and redistribute that to OSPF.

StubArea51
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:29 am

They did away with the default route as part of the instance configuration.

From the help docs:
All route distribution control is now done purely with routing filter select, no more redistribution knobs in the instance. This gives greater flexibility on what routes from which protocols you want to redistribute.
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... g+Examples

Cablenut9
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:30 am

From the help docs:
All route distribution control is now done purely with routing filter select, no more redistribution knobs in the instance. This gives greater flexibility on what routes from which protocols you want to redistribute.
From the docs:
If the routing filter chain is not specified OSPF will try to advertise every active route it can find in the routing table
That means it should distribute a static default route by default. However, that's not what happened as it never ended distributing that static route anywhere, and there were no filter rules at all. Is this just a bug of v7?

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:42 am

From the help docs:
From the docs:
If the routing filter chain is not specified OSPF will try to advertise every active route it can find in the routing table
That means it should distribute a static default route by default. However, that's not what happened as it never ended distributing that static route anywhere, and there were no filter rules at all. Is this just a bug of v7?
Do you have redistribute=static set for the OSPF instance?

Cablenut9
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:09 pm

From the help docs:
From the docs:
Do you have redistribute=static set for the OSPF instance?
There's no option for redistribute=static or even redistribution at all on v7beta6. Do you have a screenshot of the setting?

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: OSPF distribute-default option is missing  [SOLVED]

Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:45 pm

There's no option for redistribute=static or even redistribution at all on v7beta6. Do you have a screenshot of the setting?
It is at the CLI only, not though the GUI:
[admin@Michael-RB4011] /routing/ospf/instance> print
Flags: X - disabled, I - inactive 
 0   name="OSPFv2" version=2 vrf=main router-id=main 
[admin@Michael-RB4011] /routing/ospf/instance> set 0 
comment  disabled  domain-id  domain-tag  mpls-te-address  mpls-te-area  name  out-filter-chain  out-filter-select  redistribute  router-id  version  vrf
[admin@Michael-RB4011] /routing/ospf/instance> set 0 redistribute=
bgp  connected  copy  dhcp  fantasy  modem  ospf  rip  static  vpn

andyc829
just joined

Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:24 pm

Sorry to resurrect this thread but I am experiencing the same issue as the OP. I am running 7.1 Beta 5.

On the CLI, the redisribute value is not available under routing/ospf/instance

Any ideas?

Cablenut9
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:25 pm

Have you tried 7.1beta6?