Community discussions

MikroTik App

Easen
just joined
Topic Author

Configuration resets after reboot due to routing-mark settings (v7.1 beta5 & beta6

Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:53 pm

Version number: 7.1 beta5 & beta 6.
Router's model: RB4011iGS+5HacQ2HnD
Steps to reproduce the issue:
1. Create a NAT/Mangle rule that adds a new routing mark
2. Reboot router
3. Router will start up with no configuration
Configuration export (use '/export hide-sensitive' command): I can share my configuration upon request
Any additional information that would help troubleshoot the issue (screenshots, debug logs, etc.).
If you create a backup of a configuration that includes the NAT/mangle rule that, you wont be able to apply it afterwards.
There is nothing in the logs to suggests that it wasn’t able to load the configuration
Issue persists after a NetInstall.
Exported configuration records the “routing-mark” as “routing-mark=*40000” instead of the value you specified in the configuration.

Easen
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Configuration resets after reboot due to routing-mark settings (v7.1 beta5 & beta6

Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:24 pm

I've tried to replicate this using a RB750Gr3, but unfortunately I can't.

However, this is what the corrupted routing-mark looks like in an export
/ip firewall filter
add action=fasttrack-connection chain=forward comment=Test connection-state=\
    established,related hw-offload=yes routing-mark=*4000"
In this case "*4000" should "TEST"

mducharme
Trainer
Trainer

Re: Configuration resets after reboot due to routing-mark settings (v7.1 beta5 & beta6

Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:12 pm

Did you create the new routing table named "TEST" before using that to mark-routing?

Easen
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:47 pm

Did you create the new routing table named "TEST" before using that to mark-routing?
Yes. I’ve been experimenting today and I can’t replicate it.

I’ve managed to restore my old config (which is a partial config - doesn’t include certificates, users, secrets, routing-marks, etc.) and then rebooted and the config came back.
I slowly added each of the missing configuration, after which I rebooted to the router to see which piece of config is causing the problem.

The only difference I can see is the act of slowly adding each piece of config and doing a reboot after each.

I might try to restore again and apply all of the missing configuration in one go and then reboot. It might not be related to routing-marks but I might have found a bug in the way config is saved.

faragalla
just joined

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:51 pm

I am having the same issue with several RB2011UiAS-2HnD. Even sometimes just logging into the router would cause it to reboot losing all configuration; this includes logging in from the Mikrotik app on my iOS device. Also did a NetInstall, but it did not help. I would go back to 6, but I need Wireguard to connect to my other routers. Please let me know if you figure this out.

Easen
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:41 pm

I’m stilling have this issue on the latest 7.1RC1, I’ve had to go back to latest stable v6 — however I do need WireGuard, as it has now become a critical part of network sent up.

While rebooting my router into Etherboot (to netinstall v6) I noticed the boot device has a “flash-boot-once-then-nand”. If I didn’t know any better I would say this is exactly what I am seeing with my router, the configuration is reset every time I reboot.

I have a open support ticket with MikroTik (as per the RouterOS 7.1RC1 thread, report any issues with the RC build to support so they can investigate and fix them quicker), so far that have been able to replicate this issue.