Community discussions

MikroTik App

tapir
Topic Author

wifiwave2 - WLAN bridging not working (2x Audience client/AP)

Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:16 pm

I have 3 Audiences at home. Having been a bit underwhelmed with them I was keen to try the wifiwave2 package with ROS7.1rc1
I managed to get one setup as an AP on wifi3 (qca9984 radio) and another as client - all showing as connected, but cannot ping between them. It seems as if bridging wasn't working (bridge has static IP).
Winbox could see the client when connected to the AP, but was unable to connect to it. From the client, Winbox cannot see the station AP as a neighbour.
I created a bridge and added wifi3, but there is no ap bridge/station bridge option with the wifiwave2 package so not sure if I have to do something else to make it route correctly.

Apologies for the lack of export but I quickly reverted back to the slow, but working config so the household could use the internet! Hopefully it's a simple question anyway.

aussetg
just joined

Re: wifiwave2 - WLAN bridging not working (2x Audience client/AP)

Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:33 pm

Wifiwave2 doesn't currently support 4-address mode, which is necessary for the bridging you want. No meshing on Wifiwave2 currently :(

tapir
Topic Author

Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:46 pm

I'm not using mesh - I'm using the wifi3 as AP and two clients to link them together.

aussetg
just joined

Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:20 pm

I'm not using mesh - I'm using the wifi3 as AP and two clients to link them together.
Yes I understand but you need 4 address mode / wds for that

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:W ... tion_Modes

tapir
Topic Author

Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:10 pm

Ah.. ok - understood. So, I need some other routing.
Between this and the loss of Capsman, I may just wait for it to mature a bit first.