Community discussions

MikroTik App

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

potential bug

Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:06 pm

I believe I've found a bug. With hardware routing enabled on netpower 16p on rc2, if you remove an interface that is in the data path hardware routing seems to have some struggle. Disabling and re-enabling hardware routing resolves it. It's reproducible for me. The symptoms are that the routes from before removing a port work but anything added in relation to that port afterwards dont. ie, I separate a port and then set a route over that port, the hardware path doesn't work even though it's shown to exist and be 'H'. other, pre-established hardware routes continue to work. It's as if that port removal did cause the hardware routes to get rebuilt appropriately. clients on one side of the device pass no traffic with the new route. A quick disable/enable hardware routing on the switch and it resolves.

raimondsp
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: potential bug

Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:29 am

Hi there,

What do you mean by "port removal"? Unplugging cable?

Please post your config and a step-by-step guide on how to reproduce the issue.

syadnom
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Topic Author

Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:52 pm

I mean change the configuration and remove a port from the bridge. I removed the port, added an IP for a PTP link and set the default gateway over that. That gateway path will not work until you disable hardware acceleration and re-enable it. Routes that existed before removal work, but the new default gateway will not hardware route. packets sourced from the NP16 work, but new routes being routed through.

Basically, if you change the bridge configuration you'll potentially break something in hardware routing. I don't have time to try to identify exact what works and doesn't but disabling and re-enabling hardware routing is an instant and lasting fix.

raimondsp
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:45 am

A quote from the wiki:
It is recommended to turn off L3HW offloading during L2 configuration.

L3 HW Offloading: Layer 2 Dependency