Community discussions

MikroTik App

PAHO
just joined
Topic Author

Chateau RBD53G-5HacD2HnD config problems

Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:56 am

Hello,

i've searched around the web for those kinds of problems, finding out that you should write your config as default factory config for those devices. But is there no other way to prevend loosing the config of a Chateau?
It happens very often that after a power failure the config of the Chateau is the factory default. I'm working with MikroTik devices more than 10 years and i never had those kinds of problems with my devices.
Why can't the Chateau save the configuration permanent? It is everytime a lottery game that the UPS has enough power to bridge main power problems and do not run down to empty batteries.

Maybe someone has a solution for that problem other than replace the factory default config?

Thank you!

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Chateau RBD53G-5HacD2HnD config problems

Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:42 pm

First time I read about that behavior.... maybe try other RouterOS version, change a update channel too?

I have at some units problem like after power loss... he not run properly and again power off/on do proper startup... and that problems are always related with RouterOS+BootFirmware.

PAHO
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:07 pm

This behavior happens only with my Chateau devices. Currently i'm running >10 devices and i think every devices showed this problem - also with different RouterOS versions installed (from 7.1beta3 - beta6). Didn't try the new 7.1rc2, but this is really annoying because at some places where LTE is the only way i can connect to the network, i have to visit the location and put in the configuration because the device is blank.
All those problems are everytime connected to some sorts of power loss and i don't know if this is a problem of a wrong configuration/device understanding or something else. For me, it looks like all my configuration is stored in the RAM and if the power goes down, it's blank again. But it's not reproducible. At home i have also a Chateau and i switched the location without proper shutdown and everything was okay after the bootup, but then one day the main power in our house was down for one hour and after it came back, the device was blank. No configuration, users, ect...

PS:
using the device out of the box. Configuration with Winbox, mostly as LTE Modem with DHCP and Firewall. Nothing else.

WeWiNet
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:50 pm

Hi PAHO,

Yes had exactly that issue when I originally got my Chateau. It was really freaking, never seen this on any other RB device!
From time to time, bang, no config after boot!!! Luckily I only use Chateau with default config, so not much to setup each time.

Have you updated the routerboard Firmware and the LTE FW as well ? Then do a full factory reset (hold reset button for more than 5 seconds).
Somehow my problems went away and since then I have not lost any configuration anymore on the Chateau.
(I always just switch of my routerboards via power cut...)

PS: I noticed also (but have since then never tried), that when I issued "Shutdown" command, that Chateau would shut down, but 2-3 minutes later be up again (rebooted)...
Could it be that while UPS thinks Chateau is off it switches power off, but Chateau boots up again and gets then cut off in the middle of boot phase?

SiB
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:56 pm

Please both, you can create a ticket at support page
https://help.mikrotik.com/servicedesk/servicedesk/
and at right corner share that case between us, like group case to solve that.
My LTE devices not have that behavior, they are mostly misbe architecture.. and that behavior should be reported.

infabo
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:08 pm

I had something similar right when I received my Chateau last year. It came shipped with 7.0beta6 and I upgraded to 7.1beta2 right before configuring anything. That messed up the default-config so much, that even a reset did not restore a sane default config anymore. For example default wifi was unavailable/down. IMHO the default-config-script was fucked up heavily and/or changed too much between betas. So the /system/reset always kind of applied some invalid config. Explained the config loss. Only a netinstall finally restored it from this state to normal.

winap
just joined

Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:10 am

Hello, my friend want to buy new router. Is it possible save old config to new routerboard without any issue?
Old routerboard RB941-2nD and new 5HacD2HnD.
1.Is it enough make only config file on item File or make some special export?
2. He has setup with pppoe, so it is only bridge..any sollution to change bridge to router still with pppoe?
Thanks for helps.