Community discussions

MikroTik App

florentleg
just joined
Topic Author

MikroTik Chateau : LTE interface and routes

Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:10 am

Hello,
I am having an issue with automatic ip/routes creation when a sim card is plugged in the MikroTik Chateau :
I have two SIM cards from two different ISP.
-One is National operator (FR)
-One is neighbor Country (BE)
Whenever I plug the BE SIM Card, the Chateau builds a route with a random private IP, causing the impossibility to ping 8.8.8.8 for example.
However, If I plug the National Operator SIM card first, it builds a route with a public IP, allowing ping to 8.8.8.8, then I change APN and allow roaming for the BE Card, plug in the card, disable/enable the LTE interface, and then a route with public IP is built (different IP), allowing ping to 8.8.8.8.
I can not get the BE SIM card to work on the first try (even with the right APN, roaming allowed etc..) I always have to plug another card first, disable and then enable..
Has someone noticed such a behavior or did I miss something ?
Thank you,

Current firmware : 7.1rc4 , same happened with 7.1beta6, tested with 7.1rc6 aswell, did not happen on a wap R ac with version 6.44.6

This is an example route being built (the Chateau sometimes builds twice the same route, here 0.0.0.0 ...):

This is the corresponding log :

Note that it happened aswell on a remote Chateau in Belgium, without activating roaming (Private IP route and does not work)

florentleg
just joined
Topic Author

Re: MikroTik Chateau : LTE interface and routes  [SOLVED]

Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:27 pm

It looks like I was having this issue :
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... PN+problem
adding "use-network-apn=no"
solves the case