Community discussions

MikroTik App

reinerotto
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

feature rewuest: Hotspot enable/disable on a time schedule

Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:15 pm

I would like to enable/disable the hotspot function on a timely basis, may be, even according to a simple calendar function, to make the use of the hotspot a bit more difficult for "unwelcome users" during the night etc.

Muqatil
Trainer
Trainer

Re: feature rewuest: Hotspot enable/disable on a time schedule

Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:54 pm

schedule a wlan disable/enable?

reinerotto
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:24 pm

schedule a wlan disable/enable?
In case, I would use wlan, this would be a possibility, thanx. But I am using a separate AP/switch on separate interface. Hm, but then I could schedule enable/disable this interface ....
Thanx for the hint, that should do the job for me.

cmit
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:28 pm

I did configure a hotspot for a customer some time ago to do something like you perhaps are asking for.
This was a youth hostel where they wanted to disable hotspot access between (for the example here) 22:00 and 07:00 every day.
15 minutes before the "shutdown time" the hotspot status page changed to give a hint to the user about this.
Then at 22:00 the hotspot was shut down and users only got a page telling them about the operation times (07:00 to 22:00).
Finally, at 07:00 the hotspot was activated again...

This can be achieved using hotspot profiles, scripting and the scheduler. If you need further help, feel free to contact me ;-)

andreaswe
just joined

Wed May 09, 2018 12:03 am

I did configure a hotspot for a customer some time ago to do something like you perhaps are asking for.
This was a youth hostel where they wanted to disable hotspot access between (for the example here) 22:00 and 07:00 every day.
15 minutes before the "shutdown time" the hotspot status page changed to give a hint to the user about this.
Then at 22:00 the hotspot was shut down and users only got a page telling them about the operation times (07:00 to 22:00).

This can be achieved using hotspot profiles, scripting and the scheduler. If you need further help, feel free to contact me ;-)

Hi cmit,

was there ever detailed instructions released? Maybe you have something documented i can take a look at, i currently need the same
what you have done nearlly 10 years ago :)

Thanks in advance

netwpl

Wed May 09, 2018 8:39 am

Hi cmit,

was there ever detailed instructions released? Maybe you have something documented i can take a look at, i currently need the same
what you have done nearlly 10 years ago :)

Thanks in advance
im also interested in this script(s).

andreaswe
just joined

Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Hi Christian,

is there any chance we get some response from you or maybe some hints for the solution you´ve built or maybe the script snippets?
Please let us know.

Thanks in advance
andreas

PacketMangle
just joined

Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Hi,

I'd also like to know how this was achieved.