Community discussions

MikroTik App

OpiumDream
Topic Author

Sip Proxy With 2 fxo ports

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:27 am

Hello all,

It will be a wonderful if MT team will add very simple SIP Proxy and FXO interfaces to routerboards .

I see a very big demand in such solutions.

Today we have only few options to get all in one box for branch offices , including routing , wireless , security , traffic shaping and voice. I know only Cisco solution secure voice routers which will do the job. Cost of such solution from Cisco is about 5000$

Alternatively I use any brand routers and Net - Quintum survivable voice gateways ,which will do a same job, but costs again about 1500$. for a little branch office it’s to much money.

Branch offices needs a cheap gear, which will provide ability to have a local PSTN !

I don’t think that it will be a very problematic for MT team to add voice Feature.
FXO interface cards is widely available on the market.
Free open source SIP Proxys is also available !! just integrate all of this in routerboards and router OS. My customers will pay for this box 1000$ with pleasure!!

I think, I’m not the only one who needs this :) so let’s tell MT what we need and maybe someday it will happen :)

Technically I need this things:
SIP User Agent
SIP Outbound Proxy
Support of up to 100 SIP endpoints
Support of 4 parallel voice calls.
2-4 FXO ports , maybe 8 or even more :)

wpeople

Re: Sip Proxy With 2 fxo ports

Sun May 09, 2010 7:31 pm

You can install (uc)linux onto Mipsle or Mipsbe based routerboard, and can install
asterisk onto it. It will do the job for callrouting, handling, etc.
As routerboard has not so much options for expansion (only minipci - and those cards are
very expensive, but exists!) - you should use externald gateway for connection fxo/fxs/bri lines.
For those, you can choose patton/quintum/others.

You can replace RouterOS or install asterisk to MetaRouter.
Keep in mind, this solution cannot do g729/g711 transcode (just bridge), it must be handled on endpoints!

OpiumDream
Topic Author

Mon May 10, 2010 6:32 am

Additional gateways for fxo and fxs connectivity will be pain.
Such integrated solution is needed for small branch offices with 3-4 workers.
Imagine integrated box with 1 fxo and 4 fxs , 5 ethernet ports , builtint ADSL modem , builtin wireless, routing power of router os and cost 200-280$ :) with integrated print server :o

To much I know :)

OpiumDream
Topic Author

Mon May 10, 2010 9:21 am

anyone tried mini pci fxo fxs cards from openvox http://www.openvox.cn/products/show.php ... =40&lang=2 ?
does it work with routerboards and asterisk in VM ?

edmidor
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 11, 2010 11:42 pm

I also believe such a box with FXO/FXS ports could be a huge hit for small business clientele.
I was looking for a convenient platform for my own project, but there's not much out there.
The only option I found is IP04
http://www.rowetel.com/ucasterisk/ip04.html