Community discussions

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Feature requests

Tue May 15, 2018 3:54 pm

The same with TCP Flags and ICMP Option in Advanced tab.

Also, DO NOT OPEN Bridge -> Filters, there are 4 tabs and ALL OF THEM are like EXTRA! xD
Russian-speaking forum: https://forum.mikrotik.by/. Welcome!

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

MikroTik. Your life. Your routing.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 15, 2018 4:25 pm

As I stated, I am new to mikrotik.
To have to rely on intuition vice standard methods is a ridiculous way of setting up programming the router.
Every other selection I make on the router is checking a box, typing in a selection, pulling a selection from a pull-down menu.

I am not saying its wrong, just that from my perspective its bad design and terrible for the non-expert.
Would it hurt that much to have a fixed text at the bottom of the EXTRA TAB.....

"CAUTION: Opening up the parameters via the arrow icons, activates the parameters. If the entries are not modified, the default settings are accepted"

OR

"NOTE: Up facing arrow icons indicates an ACTIVE parameter"

If I could add an image here, and not from an URL, I would post one to give you an idea. :-(

EDIT,,,,,,,,, posted in elsewhere for viewing here.............. the llama cannot be stopped.

Well that was less than useful....... argggg Lets try that again....

https://www.dslreports.com/speak/slides ... RhcnQ9MTgw
Last edited by anav on Tue May 15, 2018 5:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Bergante
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 15, 2018 5:23 pm

I've posted a message on the forwarding protocols area, linked from here:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=134423

BFD support for static routes would be extremely useful. Basicly, a static route would have an attribute to use BFD to check gateway availability. It's much better than check-gateway because it's a standard and it will help both a Mikrotik router and a router from a different manufacturer to detect a link down event.

I think it's simple to implement, even!

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Re: Feature requests - ability to select :port on a telnet

Wed May 16, 2018 2:00 am

A new added feature I would like to see (when using Winbox to a client Mikrotik) , would be the ability to Tools-->Telnet-->Select (*) telnet and also select a port # to telnet to (and the same for SSH).

Example: Lets say a client Mikrotik has a natted LAN IP address of 192.168.1.1/24 and there is a web server on IP address 192.168.1.20 (possibly not running a non-standard port).
Normally, you can do a telnet to IP-Address:Port# , and when it connects, you can simply type in "GET /" to verify the web server is running. However, if you can't telnet to an alternate port, then it becomes much harder to test out port - which might require a TCP/IP port forward on the outside WAN interface to the inside - then originate you telnet to alternate port from another machine.

Lets say you have a web server locally connected to the same network as your work station - try this: Telnet ip-address:80
At connection , you might not see anything - however type in this: GET /
And you will get some web server information so that you know it is actually running.

North Idaho Tom Jones

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 16, 2018 2:17 am

I agree that selecting port in Tools->Telnet should be possible, but until it happens, you can do it from Terminal, it already works there:
/system telnet address=192.168.1.20 port=80

GuillermoHA
just joined

Tue May 22, 2018 6:30 pm

-Will be great in /ip hotspot active see directly what "user profile" are using without using address-list

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue May 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Those units that have multiple PoE out ports under 'Health' menu the option to read the amps - watts of the input. Thus we can see what the total consumption is for attached devices AND this unit itself.

For many battery/solar operated units it's quit handy to see what the 'real' average power consumption is for a given actual setup.
(It would be even nicer if under 'graphs' a graph could be displayed for the last 24 hours of voltage amp/Watts consumption. Sometimes it is o so handy to know when batteries where charged (= high voltage) and when not (low voltage). The total power consumption also gives us a power budget over a 24 hour period. Power consumption depends on radio usage and that depends on actual data throughput. With a graph we can see if our actual power budget (batteries! Solar panels) are actually up to their task.
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.

Rudy R. Puister

WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.

5nik
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri May 25, 2018 12:03 am

It is possible add something like Web Aplication Proxy / redirector for HTTPS (SSL/TLS) trafic? Mikrotik will be able DNAT or redirect HTTPS(generaly SSL/TLS connections with SNI) for specific URL to another IP. It will be usable for hiding more HTTPS servers with diferent URL behind one public IP, or for very simple HTTPS (SSL/TLS) load balancing.
Generally, I apologise for my weak english.

Wyz4k
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 25, 2018 3:48 am

The woobm is awesome, but it lacks the ability to paste. Please add a "paste" button.

bdallen
just joined

Mon May 28, 2018 3:43 am

no, the list does not influence our priorities, just gives us ideas about what people want to see.
Sorry Normis, and no disrespect to you, but what does influence this list? People screaming for proper vrf seperation, IPSec VTI Support, DHCP Option 82 Snooping in ROS, Proper BNG Features, IPv6 Needs alot of fixing, BFD (YMMV), BGPv4 MIB and many others.

But yet Kid Control turns up on a CCR??

Confused :S

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 28, 2018 5:01 am

Apparently IPSET uses the hdd memory in my HEX for address tables.
I am very low on HDD due to lists being used.
This is despite the fact that Ihave a 16 gig sd card and 16 gig usb stick in the unit.
FEATURE REQUEST: REMOVE IPSET limitation of internal HDD and be able to apply lists to usb or sdc.

As to the question above rather amusing but a good example of something that doesnt make sense.
Typically easy and no usage of capacity wins - or Kid Control is a billioinaire and wants his feature (or significant segment of market) etc......
Last edited by anav on Mon May 28, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 28, 2018 10:37 am

ipset uses in-memory storage to be able to lookup an address quickly. the CPU can just walk along the list (using hashes and/or tree), without reading from SD card first.
when it would be on disk, it would take far too much time to do the lookup to do it in the routing path.
so it does not make sense to request ipset (ip firewall address-list) to be put on disk instead of in memory.
when your ipset uses too much memory, you should back down on the use you make of it and/or buy a router with more memory.
I don't think it makes any sense to have a list that is to be checked in the routing path to be offline on disk. That would only be useful in the proxy service.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 28, 2018 2:08 pm

Thanks pe1chi, that makes sense.
Oh well I have two hexes, perhaps I could connect them with a vulcan mind meld and have more memory available.
Which model do you suggest for a home owner, who is only trying to keep the dogs away from the home network.

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 28, 2018 2:55 pm

The hEX r3 has 256 MB of RAM which is normally enough for quite large lists.
You should not try to make a dynamic address list to which items are added e.g. upon unexpected incoming traffic, as this makes the list grow very large.
It is better to focus on firewall settings to keep all that traffic out. That should be easy to do on the typical NAT routing config used at home.
Just don't allow remote management (i.e. do not allow any input from internet except for established/related).
When you really have to have remote management, configure some form of VPN service on the router and allow management only from authenticated VPN users.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon May 28, 2018 3:36 pm

I understand, I have fixed lists, based on firehol type information, and I do have some spammer,synflooder,scan lists but they are weighted or need x connections so they are rarely entered.
That said I have 3K left in hdd memory. Will see what I can do to reduce fixed lists..........

wfuzatto

Wed May 30, 2018 7:01 am

What about a fixed VHT data rate for AC device? It would be a nice feature!

doneware
Trainer
Trainer

better ping feedback in scripting

Wed May 30, 2018 10:03 am

can we have at least the summary of the sent/received ping probes returned as values? all we have right now in the number of successful responses received.
[me@router] > put [ping 8.8.8.8 count=3]
  SEQ HOST                                     SIZE TTL TIME  STATUS          
    0 8.8.8.8                                    56  57 9ms  
    1 8.8.8.8                                    56  57 10ms 
    2 8.8.8.8                                    56  57 8ms  
    sent=3 received=3 packet-loss=0% min-rtt=8ms avg-rtt=9ms max-rtt=10ms 

#TR0359

Wyz4k
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed May 30, 2018 10:12 am

In the scripts and schedules editor in winbox can we please add the ability to select all - ie ctrl a? At the moment in order to select a big script you have to manually drag from start to finish.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 30, 2018 4:14 pm

@Wyz4k: There's also Select All in right-click menu.

adziahel
just joined

Thu May 31, 2018 1:31 am

DNS-over-HTTPS or DNS-over-TLS, in that order of preference

Wyz4k
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:18 am

@Wyz4k: There's also Select All in right-click menu.
There is indeed. Thanks Sob, you are a legend!

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:34 pm

The same with TCP Flags and ICMP Option in Advanced tab.

Also, DO NOT OPEN Bridge -> Filters, there are 4 tabs and ALL OF THEM are like EXTRA! xD
Hi Chupakha I just wanted to say thanks for your patience, I am just a tad slow and finally get what you are saying.
Yes, without even knowing it I was using the up and down arrow functionality everywhere and thus should have realized what I was in effect doing on the extra page.
I still would like a note at the bottom of the page (text is cheap right?) for new users "Opening a field activates shown parameters, if Apply or OK is selected."

eroberts9
just joined

Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:15 am

I'm sure this is an extreme long shot for a feature but having multiple radios broadcasting same SSID and channel appearing as one AP to a client.
Not WDS AP/Slave where the bridge is wireless as it currently can work but having all radios connected Ethernet.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:11 pm

I'm sure this is an extreme long shot for a feature but having multiple radios broadcasting same SSID and channel appearing as one AP to a client.
So what's the actual 'feature'? You just use same SSID and same security settings - and it works like this. Even if you mix MikroTik, TP-Link, Cisco APs, etc. :)

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:54 pm

So what's the actual 'feature'? You just use same SSID and same security settings - and it works like this. Even if you mix MikroTik, TP-Link, Cisco APs, etc. :)
That is one way of doing it, but it does not really work well. Clients have to "hop" between access points and this often only happens when the signal has
become too weak to maintain the connection, so before that the client already experience bad performance.
There are other competitors (Aruba networks, Ruckus, Zyxel and maybe others) who offer true seamless roaming where all your access points have the
same MAC address and the client connects with a "virtual" access point (a controller or a function in a master AP) and remains connected to that, only
the radio layer solves the location issue (all access points try to receive the client, the one who receives it strongest is used to send data to the client).
Indeed it is a nice feature, of course it has drawbacks but it performs best when clients are wandering around in a building or park.

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:00 pm

When using multiple WiFi systems with the same SSID and wireless security settings, you should NOT have the APs perform NAT , but instead those APs should bridge the wireless wlan to an Ethernet network. Then have central core router perform NAT & DHCP on the inside LAN that the AP wireless clients are bridged to.
This will then permit client seamless roaming from AP to AP. When a client roams in your network of APs, the client maintains the same IP address.

If your APs are all doing NAT, then when a client roams to a different AP, you can experience all kinds of problems and end up with of two of the same IP address on the same network.

North Idaho Tom Jones

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:27 pm

Yeah, but pe1chl tells about old wifi clients who cannot switch to another AP without timeout/diassoc on current AP. Anyway, by wifi standards it's up to the client how to select APs and when to switch...

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Yeah, but pe1chl tells about old wifi clients who cannot switch to another AP without timeout/diassoc on current AP. Anyway, by wifi standards it's up to the client how to select APs and when to switch...
One of the problems with RFCs and standards is that often 90% of manufacturer network devices only follow RFCs and standards by only 90%.
When you think about it - it's amazing that the Internet even works with all of the different connected brands of devices

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:51 pm

There are standards for fast handover but they weaken the security. Also there are standards to provide roaming information so the clients know what other AP's to look
for, still there is trouble all the time. Those seamless roaming networks do not have those problems because the controller decides how it operates and it has complete
knowledge of the topology. However, MikroTIk does not have products in that segment (and neither does Cisco, for that matter).

eroberts9
just joined

Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:50 pm

There is only one association, a client does not reassociate if they move from one AP to another. There is not a loss of service when a client moves to a closer AP.

Somewhat like WDS works now via WDS AP -> WDS Slave except backhaul isnt wireless, its via ethernet.

lesnikov
just joined

Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:22 pm

Hey,

Probably posted before but here goes again. We need 802.1x integration on routerOS for wired ports.
Been looking for this feature for years now...

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:24 pm

Due to SIP issues, a friend pointed out this thread.
viewtopic.php?t=129048

So requesting that mikrotik address the issues discovered .
Best to let the experts read and absorb just provided the following quotes....

The issue is stated as...... " A limitation of the UDP + NAT schema" in the mikrotik engine.
or stated another way......
"the conclusion is that the connection tracking engine's architecture on RouterOS is the root cause of this"
"The issue here is that Mikrotik's acceleration tactic of skipping the nat table for packets found in the connections list is the fault"

DanielJB

Tuneable wireless keep-alive interval

Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:21 pm

By default, RouterOS pings all idle wireless clients every 60s. With many associated clients over a larger area (therefore low bitrates) with 1-2 active at any given time, network efficiency is reduced and client battery life is reduced.

Disabling keepalive-frames causes issues wherein clients are listed in the registration table, but the wireless interface goes down.

Please make "/interface wireless set keepalive-frames" an adjustable delay, so we can set eg 300s rather than enabled at 60s or disabled.

Thanks!
Daniel

DummyPLUG
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:10 am

Please add port redirect in IPv6 firewall, will much easier to force all http/https redirect to proxy and redirect all free/public DNS server access back to local dns server.
p.s. newer linux kernel and ip6tables already support this, hope routeros will have this feature as well.

craterman
just joined

Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:34 pm

OSPF and BGP Graceful Shutdown

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

New type of APs - BaseStation - long range - PhassedArray

Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:34 pm

I would like Mikrotik to consider a new type of BaseStation AP
- Something that is possibly modular (where antennas can be mounted to other antennas to form an array of small spot-beam sectors.
- Something that falls under FCC point-to-point higher power rules
- Something that functions simular to a beam-steering phassed-array (where the system acts list a point-to-multi-point system).

Vivato (now out of business) did have two models of phassed-array outdoor BaseStation APs (rated at 2,000 wireless clients per Vivato BaseStation). I still have 16 of them. When Vivato went out of business , I switched over to Mikrotik - because firmware updates for the Vivato were old & dated. Note - I had both Google and the DOD performed testing on my Vivatos phased array BaseStations 10 years ago. They told me they were BLOWN-AWAY because of the long distance (10 miles) they could acheive with a stock notebook computer. Each set of 4 Vivatos (360 degree coverage) were 10 miles apart and they were able to roam from Vivatos to other Vivatos 10 miles away when both Google and the DOD performed their almost month long testing. Each Vivato had around 100 slot-beam antennas. The Vivatos were able to receive & transmit from/to multiple wireless clients at the same time. Their technology used beam-steering with MAC switching on the slot-beam antennas. Depending on where a wireless client was, a client might have a dozen antennas per Vivato they were connected to. Also, the Vivato BaseStations would slightly delay the tx of some antennas to form a directional beam (similar to how a radar system works in a fighter jet - no moving parts - beam steering).

Another company just announced a BaseStation (Ubnt) which is claimed to support the following; 5 Gbps real Aggregate wireless throughput , MU-MIMO , 1,500 wireless clients , 10-Gig Ethernet interface (some serious stuff here !!!)

If the Ubnt BaseStation performs even close to what my Vivatos were doing , then this is a real serious contendor for high-density high-volume high-throughput system.

The current issue today with trying to achieve this with current Mikrotik hardware is that it would require a 120 foot tower physically saturated with almost 100 narrow-beam high-gain overlapping Point-to-Point APs and dish antennas to do the same thing.
I would like to see a Mikrotik system that can achieve the same thing.

North Idaho Tom Jones

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: New type of APs - BaseStation - long range - PhassedArray

Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:41 pm

I would like Mikrotik to consider a new type of BaseStation AP
- Something that is possibly modular (where antennas can be mounted to other antennas to form an array of small spot-beam sectors.
- Something that falls under FCC point-to-point higher power rules
- Something that functions simular to a beam-steering phassed-array (where the system acts list a point-to-multi-point system).

Vivato (now out of business) did have two models of phassed-array outdoor BaseStation APs (rated at 2,000 wireless clients per Vivato BaseStation). I still have 16 of them. When Vivato went out of business , I switched over to Mikrotik - because firmware updates for the Vivato were old & dated. Note - I had both Google and the DOD performed testing on my Vivatos phased array BaseStations 10 years ago. They told me they were BLOWN-AWAY because of the long distance (10 miles) they could acheive with a stock notebook computer. Each set of 4 Vivatos (360 degree coverage) were 10 miles apart and they were able to roam from Vivatos to other Vivatos 10 miles away when both Google and the DOD performed their almost month long testing. Each Vivato had around 100 slot-beam antennas. The Vivatos were able to receive & transmit from/to multiple wireless clients at the same time. Their technology used beam-steering with MAC switching on the slot-beam antennas. Depending on where a wireless client was, a client might have a dozen antennas per Vivato they were connected to. Also, the Vivato BaseStations would slightly delay the tx of some antennas to form a directional beam (similar to how a radar system works in a fighter jet - no moving parts - beam steering).

Another company just announced a BaseStation (Ubnt) which is claimed to support the following; 5 Gbps real Aggregate wireless throughput , MU-MIMO , 1,500 wireless clients , 10-Gig Ethernet interface (some serious stuff here !!!)

If the Ubnt BaseStation performs even close to what my Vivatos were doing , then this is a real serious contendor for high-density high-volume high-throughput system.

The current issue today with trying to achieve this with current Mikrotik hardware is that it would require a 120 foot tower physically saturated with almost 100 narrow-beam high-gain overlapping Point-to-Point APs and dish antennas to do the same thing.
I would like to see a Mikrotik system that can achieve the same thing.

North Idaho Tom Jones
Sounds interesting. But is part of the evolution in wireless also not that now the spectrum is saturated where 10 years ago is was hardly used? I mean, my first Mikrotik 2,4Ghz 802.11b outdoor AP on a 8dBi omnidirectional had no problem to communicate with my laptop at some 300-400 meters away. And that communication was the sending of an e-mail.
Now I am glad my new dual chain 802.11a/b/g/n/c laptop still has a connection to a 18deBi dual chain 90º sector with Netmetal 30dBm radio some 50 meters away. And I am not interested in sending an e-mail, it needs to be a 4K streaming full duplex Skype video conversation (I am a bit exaggerating).....
10 years ago in a 2,4Ghz scan I'd performed all I saw was my own AP..... Now a scan reveals some 100+ radios..... Ok, we have 5Ghz now, but that is sort of similar. My 5Ghz AP's easy pickup 20 other AP's.... and there must be several hundreds of CPE's communicating with them.

I must mention though we have one 'alien brand' AP working on a village that is also full of 5Ghz AP's and users, but they work with their own protocol on the 5Ghz band. They work with 4 antenas on one AP and then each of these 60º sectors are overlapping to get some 200º reach. The AP works on 10Mhz wide channels but each antena has its own frequency slightly different from the others. Now the OS switches connected CPE's to that sector with a good enough signal to supply the top PHY rate achievable that carries the least traffic. The result is that each of the connected clients have no issue to reach the OS limited top download of just over 30Mbps and sustain that for prolonged times. Basically each sector can sustain a full 30+Mb download to a single client thus the AP can do 4 at once.... in a 10Mhz channel! Low latency, sustained speed...... Try that with a Mikrotik 20 or even 40Mhz normal Wifi solution....
Over the same village we have 2 more AP's, both Netmetal and working 5Ghz NV2 or plain 802.11ac but 30Mbp is only possible if that client is the only one using the AP and only peak speeds. This is with -45dB signals all duo chain 20Mhz wide channels.....

So yeah, there are better ways of doing wireless.....
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.

Rudy R. Puister

WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.

TomjNorthIdaho
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:48 pm

WirelessRudy
un-releated to this forum topic ...
Back in 2002, I did a site-survey in all areas we now service (20+ towns/citys). I found zero APs.
Earlier this year , I did a site-survey using 1,000 customer Mikrotiks I manage (I used a Linux script). I found several thousand different APs.

datajerk

Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:02 am

The woobm is awesome, but it lacks the ability to paste. Please add a "paste" button.

If you are only interested in the switch/router the woobm is connected to via USB, then use telnet instead. You're telnet client C&P will work just fine.

Wyz4k
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:46 am

If you are only interested in the switch/router the woobm is connected to via USB, then use telnet instead. You're telnet client C&P will work just fine.
This is the feature requests channel. I am requesting a very basic feature that will take all of 30 seconds for somebody to add.

New request:
[admin@MikroTik] > { :put [:resolve www.example.com]; :put "lala";}
failure: dns name does not exist

Please add a way to read the error ("failure: dns name does not exist" in the error above) when using the on-error catch below.

:do {
:put [:resolve www.example.com];
} on-error={ :put "resolver failed"};

raymondr15
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:39 pm

Please add support for USB booting on RouterBoards so we can have the ability to install RouterOS onto a USB drive.
Maybe in NetInstall also make it possible which device RouterOS should be installed to if there is more than one. ie: nand, USB...

Reason 1: In case something happens to the nand chip on the RouterBoard.
Reason 2: For testing purposes to test RouterOS releases without making changes to the nand config/software.
Reason 3: In case someone is doing heavy changes all the time that will put undue strain on the nand.

Wyz4k
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:33 am

Hi everyone,

Please add a way to authenticate with the Mikrotik router using a certificate similar to how you can authenticate with an ssh server using a private/public key pair.

Also then please add a way to disable username / password logins.

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Please add a way to authenticate with the Mikrotik router using a certificate similar to how you can authenticate with an ssh server using a private/public key pair.

This is already available for SSH. You just upload your public cert to the router - and now you can connect only with this cert, unless you set
/ip ssh set always-allow-password-login=yes

Wyz4k
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi everyone,

This is already available for SSH. You just upload your public cert to the router - and now you can connect only with this cert, unless you set
/ip ssh set always-allow-password-login=yes
Not for winbox though.

genesispro
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:19 pm

I would also like to be possible to set winbox to a state where changes are pending and the moment all changes done to be able to say commit.

If for example we have the wan port in a bridge with a dhcp-client on the bridge and the we want to remove it from the bridge remotely and add the dhcp-client to the ether1 for example we can't.

To avoid loosing remote access you would need to modify the dhcp-client to the ether1 but you can't because it is a child!

So one needs to remove it from the bridge port and then modify the dhcp-client which would of course has to be done locally... or with a script!

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:27 pm

Not for winbox though.
Yeah. Also not for WebBox, not for Telnet, not for API...

Anyway, your initial message was not about WinBox. If you need WinBox - use SSH with port forwarding for WinBox :)

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:31 pm

I would also like to be possible to set winbox to a state where changes are pending and the moment all changes done to be able to say commit.

If for example we have the wan port in a bridge with a dhcp-client on the bridge and the we want to remove it from the bridge remotely and add the dhcp-client to the ether1 for example we can't.

To avoid loosing remote access you would need to modify the dhcp-client to the ether1 but you can't because it is a child!

So one needs to remove it from the bridge port and then modify the dhcp-client which would of course has to be done locally... or with a script!
Not a script, but in a Terminal:
{
  /interface bridge port remove [find interface=ether1]
  /ip dhcp-client add disabled=no interface=ether1
}
or
/interface bridge port remove [find interface=ether1]; /ip dhcp-client add disabled=no interface=ether1

genesispro
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:50 pm

Well I use winbox and/or API so with neither I could do it remotely since I would loose at the first step the remote connection

Not a script, but in a Terminal:
{
  /interface bridge port remove [find interface=ether1]
  /ip dhcp-client add disabled=no interface=ether1
}
or
/interface bridge port remove [find interface=ether1]; /ip dhcp-client add disabled=no interface=ether1

Chupaka
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Well I use winbox and/or API so with neither I could do it remotely since I would loose at the first step the remote connection
Just press Terminal on the left of WinBox. If you use "{ }" - commands inside of brackets will be executed when you press Enter after the bracket. Like this:
[admin@s.internal] > {
{... :put "here"                                 
{... :put "we"  
{... :put "go!"
{... }         
here
we
go!
[admin@s.internal] > 

nicutdk
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:27 pm

Hi,

I want to make a suggestion for IP cloud
So...

Will be nice to have feature to associate IPcloud from routerOS with Mikrotik Account to manage all mikrotik router.

For Example I have many clients and I make my own structure to manage. If I forgot to add is to hard to put again.

Regards,