Community discussions

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Winbox 3 RC

Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:05 pm

I do not like if I make connection to the same device via IP or via MAC and WinBox makes two different sessions and does not remember settings.
Could it remember internally MAC address or any internal id to make and save it as one session ?
Real admins use real keyboards.

freemannnn
Long time Member
Long time Member

Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:57 pm

"open in new window" for romon still has problem. it connects me to main router and no to device behind it.
when i uncheck it, i can connect to devices behind router.

romon was not working for me months now because i have "open in new window" always checked! ???????
i cant believe this! i wouldnt think of that.

double click to connect to a romon device does not work. you have to press connect button.

when you mark multiples devices in romon and press add/set it justs add one in main window

w0lt

Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:43 pm

Romon is acting kinda goofy...
I can't remove the column from Winbox rc13. It just keeps coming back each time even with Romon deactivated.
Is Winbox rc12 still available? :?
MTCNA - 2011

" The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten "

honzam
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:56 pm

LAN, FTTx, Wireless. ISP operator

w0lt

Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:50 am

Thanks, I found it.. 8)
MTCNA - 2011

" The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten "

stroebs
just joined

Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:39 am

Having an issue with Winbox... Can't connect to IPv6 addresses.

Can ping the IPv6 addresses and browse using IPv6 but router's IPv6 doesn't come up in neighbour list when opening Winbox.
winbox-rc13-ipv6.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:37 pm

Having an issue with Winbox... Can't connect to IPv6 addresses.
It's the same as everywhere else (e.g. web browser), you need brackets: [2c██:█88:1104]

-

An unrelated bug:

With Tools->Advanced Mode enabled, WinBox 3.0rc13 starts with top part having only three fields displayed (Connect To, Login and Password) as if advanced mode was not enabled. The list below does show all fields correctly. You have to turn advanced mode off and on again, to show all fields in top part. But next time WinBox is started, it's broken again.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support
Topic Author

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:47 am

With Tools->Advanced Mode enabled, WinBox 3.0rc13 starts with top part having only three fields displayed (Connect To, Login and Password) as if advanced mode was not enabled. The list below does show all fields correctly. You have to turn advanced mode off and on again, to show all fields in top part. But next time WinBox is started, it's broken again.
the behavior ir correct, except that it should probably remember that you used advanced mode. The fact that Advanced is not the default, is correct.
No answer to your question? How to write posts

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:10 pm

It did and still does remember it. The problem in rc13 is that on next run, WinBox interface applies advanced mode only partially:
winbox.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
People who quote full posts should be spanked with ethernet cable. Some exceptions for multi-topic threads may apply.

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:23 pm

There is bug. You need to set off and on advanced mode again. Then it gets corrected.

makstex

Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:53 pm

Key `C`, for adding comment, not working!

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:01 am

Comment = Ctrl+M
Real admins use real keyboards.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:10 pm

Winbox 3.0rc15 version is released:

*) make "Install & Upgrade" button work again;
*) fixed crash when typing Ctrl-D in empty terminal window;
*) show properly advanced mode on start up;
*) make console use whole terminal window width on reopen.

freemannnn
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:15 pm

please fix "romon" together with "open in new window"

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:21 pm

This is already fixed.

Fix was already included in 3.0rc13.

freemannnn
Long time Member
Long time Member

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:27 pm

for me its working only if i deselect "open in new window"
if i select it i connect only to first device (router)

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:54 pm

Sorry. Another issue was resolved. Issue which I though you are talking about did return an error.

I have reported your problem to our developers.

pukkita
Trainer
Trainer

Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:28 pm

(edited)
Last edited by pukkita on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simplicity is the Ultimate Sophistication - Da Vinci
Getting the most out of this forum

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:32 pm

Winbox 3.0rc16 version is released:

*) fixed problem where it was not possible to connect to router through RoMON if
Open in New Window was enabled.

freemannnn
Long time Member
Long time Member

Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:37 pm

Winbox 3.0rc16 version is released:

*) fixed problem where it was not possible to connect to router through RoMON if
Open in New Window was enabled.
yes yes. now we are talking. thank u

ntrits
just joined

Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:24 am

"allow to specify romon agent via command line;"

an example please

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:58 pm

Example:

XX:XX:XX:XX - RoMON agent address
YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY - RoMON neighbour MAC address
username - Login username
password - Login password

winbox.exe --romon xx.xx.xx.xx yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy username password

macsrwe
Long time Member
Long time Member

Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:40 pm

While we're on the subject of command line options for winbox... I've added the beta Winbox to the Tools available in our Dude. The problem is that when opened from the Dude, winbox invocations get opened with an arbitrary session profile. Is there a command line option one can add to fix this?

KoDAk

Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:50 pm

Image now up 3 times on open CCR1009-8G-1S OS:6.32.2
Certified MTCNA

KoDAk

Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:41 pm

sorry it fixed
Download the Visual C++ Redistributable:

For Windows 64-bit
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x64) http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... st.x64.exe

For Windows 32-bit
Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (32-bit)
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... st.x86.exe
Certified MTCNA

ntrits
just joined

Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:26 pm

Example:

XX:XX:XX:XX - RoMON agent address
YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY - RoMON neighbour MAC address
username - Login username
password - Login password

winbox.exe --romon xx.xx.xx.xx yy:yy:yy:yy:yy:yy username password

Thank you!

(if you change the winbox file name to something other than winbox.exe command line stop working)

Tobbeh
just joined

Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:35 pm

Hi,

I have a problem with WinBox that the MAC-address of the RouterBoard (hAP) doesn't show up in the Neighbor's table. If I use your other tool, called Neighbor, the device shows up and I can manually enter the MAC-address in the "Connect To" field in WinBox and connect without problem.

I have tested with windows 8 and 10 and several versions of WinBox 3 with the same result. The two applications (Neighbor & WinBox) have the same settings in Windows Firewall.

Any tips on how to solve this?

Regards,
Tobbe

macsrwe
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:12 pm

I have a problem with WinBox that the MAC-address of the RouterBoard (hAP) doesn't show up in the Neighbor's table. If I use your other tool, called Neighbor, the device shows up and I can manually enter the MAC-address in the "Connect To" field in WinBox and connect without problem.

I have tested with windows 8 and 10 and several versions of WinBox 3 with the same result. The two applications (Neighbor & WinBox) have the same settings in Windows Firewall.

This is a wInbox 3 bug of long standing reported in this thread multiple times by mutliple people. One such discussion begins here. In my opinion, this failure is the single most consequential remaining bug in beta Winbox, has been present since June or so, and is long overdue for a fix. Best avoidance action is to keep a copy of the older "neighbor viewer" tool handy and copy the MAC address into Winbox by hand (since you can't copy and paste from the neighbor viewer tool).

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:33 pm

This is a wInbox 3 bug of long standing reported in this thread multiple times by mutliple people. One such discussion begins here. In my opinion, this failure is the single most consequential remaining bug in beta Winbox, has been present since June or so, and is long overdue for a fix. Best avoidance action is to keep a copy of the older "neighbor viewer" tool handy and copy the MAC address into Winbox by hand (since you can't copy and paste from the neighbor viewer tool).
Indeed! A very annoying bug still around!
"Mikrotik, please correct this asap"!!!!
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.

Rudy R. Puister

WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.

Hotz1

Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:11 pm

Indeed! A very annoying bug still around!
"Mikrotik, please correct this asap"!!!!
I'm still curious what it is about this discovery protocol that makes boards with the default configuration require any special handling--and why it's so difficult to make the beta Winbox do the same thing. I can't imagine why MT wouldn't want people to be able to discover defaulted boards with Winbox--but considering the delay in restoring such a basic (and highly demanded) function, sometimes that's what it seems like.
Principal, Engineering
Cape Ann Communications, Inc.
Gloucester, MA, USA

skroomark
just joined

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:20 am

Is it possible to change update interval?
Firewall is updated every 2 seconds, connections - every 5 seconds. Too long.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:49 am

Hotz1 - This issue is fixed but it depends also on RouterOS version. Starting from 6.33 (and of 6.33rc of course) it will be fixed.

WirelessRudy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Hotz1 - This issue is fixed but it depends also on RouterOS version. Starting from 6.33 (and of 6.33rc of course) it will be fixed.
WHAT? You must be joking? :(
The issue is NOT fixed yet in any version that is 'current' or 'stable'. You refer to 6.33 or 6.33rc. Well, the first is not available yet at the moment of writing this post and the second is 'rc' like the work implicates "release candidate"....

BUT, we are already happy the issue is under attention and will be fixed! :D
Show your appreciation of this post by giving me Karma! Thanks.

Rudy R. Puister

WISP operator based on MT routerboard & ROS.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:51 pm

WHAT? You must be joking? :(
The issue is NOT fixed yet in any version that is 'current' or 'stable'. You refer to 6.33 or 6.33rc. Well, the first is not available yet at the moment of writing this post and the second is 'rc' like the work implicates "release candidate"....

BUT, we are already happy the issue is under attention and will be fixed! :D
And that is why I wrote that it will be fixed in 6.33 version not that it is fixed in 6.33 which of course does not exist yet.

Hotz1

Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:46 pm

That's good news--but you do realize that changing ROS to work with the beta winbox means that this issue is going to plague us until the last RB is upgraded to 6.33 or newer. Keep in mind, that includes every RB currently in existence, new or used.

The old ROS versions obviously had a way to be discovered. Call me crazy, but it seems to me the fix should occur in winbox: let the beta winbox discover devices in the same way the earlier winbox does. Until all boards everywhere are upgraded beyond that point, why not include the old discovery protocol as a compatibility mode, rather than make people deal with invisible RouterBoards for the next few years? I hate to imagine how many trouble tickets and forum posts it's going to create in the meantime.

I can only assume there is a practical reason it is so difficult to get the beta winbox to do what the earlier winbox still does routinely; maybe something about its structure (e.g., related to threading) that breaks the old discovery method for defaulted boards. But I think people are going to continue asking for an explanation until one is provided.
Principal, Engineering
Cape Ann Communications, Inc.
Gloucester, MA, USA

solaoxo
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:18 pm

On the Chinese operating system, no way to see the whole time.
QQ截图20151005041541.png

macsrwe
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:30 pm

you do realize that changing ROS to work with the beta winbox means that this issue is going to plague us until the last RB is upgraded to 6.33 or newer. Keep in mind, that includes every RB currently in existence, new or used.

The old ROS versions obviously had a way to be discovered. Call me crazy, but it seems to me the fix should occur in winbox: let the beta winbox discover devices in the same way the earlier winbox does. Until all boards everywhere are upgraded beyond that point, why not include the old discovery protocol as a compatibility mode, rather than make people deal with invisible RouterBoards for the next few years? I hate to imagine how many trouble tickets and forum posts it's going to create in the meantime.

I can only assume there is a practical reason it is so difficult to get the beta winbox to do what the earlier winbox still does routinely; maybe something about its structure (e.g., related to threading) that breaks the old discovery method for defaulted boards. But I think people are going to continue asking for an explanation until one is provided.
Indeed. Your audience here are engineers, whose training stresses that changing products B and C to compensate for a deficiency in product A results in inefficiencies and often results in additional future problems. Perhaps it would be a good investment of your time to explain why the problem, introduced by Winbox, cannot be fixed in Winbox. (After all, Neighbor Viewer still works fine, so the problem is soluble.) The explanation may be convincing enough to persuade us to resign ourselves to the proposed solution... or conversely, maybe one of the engineers here can offer an alternate (and better) solution that you have not yet considered.

Caci99
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:13 pm

I don't know if it is already reported.
When you lose connection to a routerboard the window of the winbox3.xrc moves to the top left corner of the screen, instead of preserving the same position. Using Windows 7.
-Toni-
Don't crash the ambulance, whatever you do

w0lt

Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:39 pm

The USB button seems to be missing on the CCR-1009 device. Can you check confirm?

-tp
MTCNA - 2011

jarda
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:58 pm

Sometimes the session opens in reduced size window and the order of subwindows according the saved session settings is damaged. It is necessary to maximize the window and reload session settings again. The saved session has to follow the window position and dimension when reloaded.

piyaliguha90
just joined

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:43 am

Winbox RC1 is available. There are lots of changes since beta 3*
http://download2.mikrotik.com/routeros/ ... winbox.exe

Overall highlights of Winbox 3:
  • Remembers all layout details between sessions
  • Inline comments global setting
  • Winbox loader can self upgrade
  • Choose any of the saved sessions when connecting to a router
  • Group, filter and sort saved routers
  • Set up master password to encrypt router database
  • Move database to dropbox or copy to a different PC
  • Import or export database to Winbox 2 format
  • Ability to keep Loader open when connecting
  • If connection is lost, it will offer to reconnect later
  • Log can be sorted, and now has columns
* - (10 versions were not made public)
Didn't get any autoupdate :(
Piyali Guha
Student of BBA of ICKA
Ourfollower

Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Missing in all winbox.

IPv6 / firewall / address lists

There is no timeout field hidden or otherwise.

We use IPv6 address lists be nice knowing a time value left.

Thanks!

macsrwe
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Didn't get any autoupdate :(
It doesn't update itself automatically, there is a "check for updates" menu item that "automatically" performs an update if you choose it.

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:29 am

Another thing missing from WinBox is prefix-hint parameter for DHCPv6 client.

panosla
just joined

Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:27 am

I cannot add a new device profile if another one exists with the same IP and Username

BSmith
just joined

Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:17 pm

Opening rc16 yields a virus detection by AVG
WinboxARESDetection.png

luccosen
just joined

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:42 am

sorry ! I'm a newbie , how I can upgrade the file winbox.exe on the routerbord? whit normal upgrade, routerboard only upgrade code but not winbox.exe ....
thanks. :(

macsrwe
Long time Member
Long time Member

Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:48 pm

sorry ! I'm a newbie , how I can upgrade the file winbox.exe on the routerbord? whit normal upgrade, routerboard only upgrade code but not winbox.exe ....
thanks. :(
It' not separately upgradable. It's contained in the system package, and is really useful only for when you're working on a MikroTik router, you don't have Winbox on your PC and, you don't have a working connection to the internet to fetch Winbox directly from mikrotik.com. Otherwise, you can just go to mikrotik.com, download the version you prefer, and keep it on your PC.

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:10 pm

New Winbox version is released!

What`s new in v3.0rc17:

*) discover older version RouterOS routers and SwOS switches as well;

http://www.mikrotik.com/download

strods
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:25 pm

As for AVG issue - I have tested it myself with rc16 and rc17 version but have not managed to reproduce it. It sound like something specific is configured on your AVG when Winbox is recognized as virus. Please test if issue persist when you use rc17.