Community discussions

MikroTik App

denis
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

User manager and flatrate monthly cards

Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:55 pm

I've been playing around with a test version (2.9.26) and it's User Manager and I do think the job has been done pretty well. Congratulations to MIKROTIK team!

Newertheless, it seems that there's one thing missing ... or did I miss it.

For instance, I wish to issue a flatrate card, with only a rate limit, that would be valid for 30 days starting from a particular date. It appears to me that there is no way for me to create such credit.

Has anyone managed to do that?

If this is not fissable with this version, is there any other with such implementation or will there be such immplementation if future?

Thanks to all!

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:32 am

the countdown would start to tick when the card is sold or when it is first used?

We have something similar in plans, but we are too busy working on v3.0beta. We hope that we will have some more great features in the middle of the september for the user manager.

For now, you can create a credit with 30d and specify the rate limit for that user. that would be a workaround for now.

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: User manager and flatrate monthly cards

Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:35 am

I've been playing around with a test version (2.9.26) and it's User Manager and I do think the job has been done pretty well. Congratulations to MIKROTIK team!
by the way 2.9.29 has a lot of updates since your version. be sure to check it out

kujtimhajredini

Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:24 pm

I am also interested for this feature. Flat rate monthly accounts.
A very good deployment will be:
Buy a card (username) at ISP store with credit types (15 days,30days,60days etc) and these cards need to be valid from the date that the user started using his account till the written period of days.

denis
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
Topic Author

Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:08 pm

the countdown would start to tick when the card is sold or when it is first used?

We have something similar in plans, but we are too busy working on v3.0beta. We hope that we will have some more great features in the middle of the september for the user manager.

For now, you can create a credit with 30d and specify the rate limit for that user. that would be a workaround for now.
That's absolutely clear. The problem is, if I digg it OK, that whenever the user disconnects the countdown stops and resumes upone the next connection. Allthesame, the user manager is pretty neat thing to have, but than again, this is a RouterOS. If I am to choose, do concentarte yourselfes on v.3 OS, and whenevre and if ever you get the time, see if it's possible to implement flatrates / 30 d, with date dependancies.

Best of all to you and the team

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer

Sun Aug 27, 2006 1:27 am

If I am to choose, do concentarte yourselfes on v.3 OS, and whenevre and if ever you get the time, see if it's possible to implement flatrates / 30 d, with date dependancies.
I agree - even though I think the User Manager is great - I would rather see a ver 3.0 beta soon.

ayzanet
just joined

This and other improvements needed.

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:57 am

We also would very much like to see cards with expiration times after first use such as;

1 month cards expiring after 1 month of first use (flatrate cards)
1 day cards expiring after 1 week of first use whether or not the whole 1day is used within the period of this 1 week

Also, another feature that should not be very difficult to implement (as the user manager already keep the information) is to have accounts with quotas. We would like to have accounts with a total allowance of XXX Megabytes.

We really like the user manager and its ease of use, we are planning to invest in approximately 300 hotspots spanning 4 cities in our country within the next 6-12 months. However the whole operation relies on these features implemented or we will have to come up with alternate arrangements.

Can anyone give any info whether and when these features will be implemented?

Kemal

natedogg104
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: User manager and flatrate monthly cards

Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:05 am

this issue has been fixed you can use this option
Example http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Manager/Limiting
If a user must be allowed to use 2 hours of Internet access and he/she must use these 2 hours within one week, then the uptime-limit field must be set to 2h and the user must be assigned a credit with time equal to 1w (See character constants for more information about time limit constants).