Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

agirardeau
just joined
Topic Author

Rate limit issue

Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:37 pm

Hi Everyone,

We have a hotspot up and running with radius AAA on remote usermanager.
Everything works smoothly in terms on logging in and out.(everything v2.9.30)

But...trying to assign a rate limit on traffic usage to a specific user on the usermanager interface, the feature doesn't seem to work..The limit get reached and there is no user disconnect.

What could we be missing?

Best Regards

savagedavid
Trainer
Trainer

Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:17 pm

I am confused by your question. The rate limit attribute is to limit download speed, not download amount.

faspirli
just joined

Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:56 pm

Hi everyone,

Well I actually have a problem with the rate-limit,
I'm using Xtradius for AAA and reading the Mikrotik manual I found out the attribute Mikrotik-Rate-Limit:

Mikrotik-Rate-Limit - Datarate limitation for clients. Format is: rx-rate[/tx-rate] [rx-burst-rate[/tx-burst-rate] [rx-burst-threshold[/tx-burst-threshold]

so I did add it as a value in the xtradius dictionary:

ATTRIBUTE Mikrotik-Rate-Limit 1008 string in /etc/raddb/dictionary

For the AAA process I'm using some perl scripts and I use to print the value pairs such as Framed-IP-Address/Netmask and whatever. Of course I'm printing the Mikrotik-Rate-Limit too:

Mikrotik-Rate-Limit = 1024k (since I don't whant to specify bursts and I want rx = tx)

This seem not to work, looking in the Mikrotik syslog I can notice that the value pair Mikrotik-Rate-Limit is not recieved at all, when all the others are recieved correctly.

Xtradius logs the value pairs as:
Debug: Exec-Program-Wait: value-pairs: Framed-IP-Address = 10.0.3.2,Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,Mikrotik-Rate-Limit = 1024k
with no errors apparently...

In Mikrotik syslog there is nothing about Mikrotik-Rate-Limit.

What did I miss?

Thank You.