Community discussions

MikroTik App

cgaspar
just joined
Topic Author

Logging by Radius using Userman

Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Hello everyone,

I got a issue recently. I used to log in my routerboard through radius authentication. Now I just can do it when I set in the user (using userman) the full profile (Doesn't work with any others, even read and write). Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thank you!

rcourtney
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Logging by Radius using Userman

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:28 am

If I understand your situation the routers will use the local user database first and if not found will then ask your Radius server.
Logging will show the local user in the local log.

Remove the local user. However, if you need access when the Radius server is down, you won't be able to get in unless you
have an admin user stored.

cgaspar
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:23 pm

That's right, the local database will be first, and I don't want to remove my local database user.

I will explain better:

I have 3 users:

1 - X > is a local database user in full profile. I can log in with it at any time.

2 - Y > is a radius database user in the full profile running on userman. I can log in with it as well.

3 > is a radius database user in a customized profille running on userman. I can't log in with this user.

I tested creating new profiles and new users in the existing ones but it doesn't work, just in the full profile.

ignatius
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

configuration

Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:20 pm

hi Guys,
I have RB1000 with four interface.
i want to configure the ether1 with my ISP IP address , ether2 as hotspot and ether3 to send out DHCP IP in the range of 192.168.2.1 -254 with internet from ether1.
How can i link ether2 and ether3 with different ip to Ether1?
Thanks

rcourtney
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:31 am

Cgaspar:
This sounds like an issue another user is having. By chance is your full user the default local profile too?

This might be a bug. What are the version of your firmware?

cgaspar
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:35 pm

That's exactly what I meant. The full user is the default full profile. The version is 6.36.3

ignatius
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:42 pm

hi,
i have RB951G-2Hnd and i configure ether1 as wan and ether2 as hotspot. and every thing is very ok.
i want to bridge ether3,4 and ether5 to my ether2 which is the hotspot, to get ip address from the hotspot ,how can i go about it?