Community discussions

MikroTik App

ClaudioJunior10
just joined
Topic Author

Redirect after login in mikrotik hotspot

Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:43 pm

Good morning people
I'm new to the forum and new to Mikrotik.
I've already been able to set up the Hotspot and log in, surf the internet and so on.
Now I am trying to implement that after the user login in the hotspot, it is redirected to a specific webpage.
When logging in to the desktop, after login the redirection works perfectly, but when logging in to the smartphone, it does not work, just "blinks" the page that I set for redirection.
How can I solve this problem, because it is crucial for my work that when logging on the smartphone the user has already navigated to my specific page.
I count on your help, thank you

rossiza
just joined

Re: Redirect after login in mikrotik hotspot

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:37 pm

The problem is the "Captive Portal" browsers all the phones seem to implement these days.

I assume when you say "blink" it starts to load and the entire browser vanishes completely, this happens because as soon as android detects internet it closes the captive browser.

I found when doing social login (google, facebook) that the IOS and Android devices behaved very differently. Also Android 4.0 and 5.0 behave very differently.

There is one work around which kind of works, and that's to not allow the captive url ever, this way after login the page will not close. I know the browser won't close after login, but I am not sure if it will pop up after that.

You can find the list online, again different for different versions.
clients3.google.com/generate_204
connectivitycheck.gstatic.com/generate_204

Those are 2 of them I remember.

If you absolutely have to have the end url display then this is about the only option I believe.

ClaudioJunior10
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:15 pm

Hi, thank you for your help.
Do you know a way I can solve this problem?
Any website, tutorial?
Thank you so much

davey
just joined

Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Hi guys,

Im facing the same issue. Did you ever get a solutio to the captive portal not loading issue?

kiamoz
just joined

Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:33 pm

Hi there are you found the problem ?