Community discussions

MikroTik App

Alan
just joined
Topic Author

Help configuring self-signup with Hotspot, Userman, and RADIUS

Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:50 am

Greetings everyone; I have User Manager, Hotspot, and RADIUS all apparently working with each other, and as long as I have a user setup in User Manager, they can login. What I am tasked with is a way to have users create their accounts upon signing in, so they aren't setup ahead of time. I've found several orphan threads here, or others that just say they set this up, but there is no explanation how. I must not be searching correctly, even though my browser is filled with tabs trying to find the right combination.

Anyway, I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Here's some info regarding my setup:
Router IP: 192.168.88.1/24
WAN is on ether1 (public IP)
LAN (connected to a separate wireless controller which manages the access points) is on ether2 (private IP, where router is gateway)
The server connected locally is on ether5, which will act as a remote syslog server. (IP is 192.168.89.254)
I have a loopback bridge for RADIUS with IP 172.21.0.1/32, but no ports
Hotspot is on ether2, using an address pool of 192.168.88.10-250
Hotspot server profile has IP 192.168.88.1, DNS name "guestaccess.net," html directory=hotspot
Hotspot login is by HTTP CHAP, and RADIUS is enabled
The RouterBoard is a 2011UiAS with OS 6.40.3 and firmware 3.41.

Besides getting self-signup working, I would like to change the DHCP pool to subnet 192.168.96.0/22, which should cover the current projected users and allow growth. I'm guessing I'll need to allow for 400 devices immediately, then steady growth from there.

I have tweaked "umfiles/signup.html" to reflect what I want to capture from the end-user, which is just email address and phone number. If I navigate here manually, it shows up like I expect it to, but logins are unsuccessful, with "invalid profile" error.
I am getting 192.168.88.250 via DHCP from the correct pool, and after signing in through "hotspot/login.html" I am hitting RADIUS and I can surf freely.

So, I'm more than willing to make config changes to try to get self-signup working. If more info is needed, I'll try to provide it, sanitized if necessary. Any help is greatly appreciated.

jgitau
just joined

Re: Help configuring self-signup with Hotspot, Userman, and RADIUS

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:53 am

could you share the full configuration -- /export
then copy and paste -- im in the middle of a similar setup only I am using a remote radius server not userman

Alan
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:53 pm

I'll post it later today - thanks!

Alan
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:25 pm

Sorry, last night ran long. Anyway, I attached my config.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Alan
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:37 am

I've upgraded to 6.40.4, but there is no change regarding the "Invalid Profile" issue when trying to sign-up via User Manager.

lor3nzo1
just joined

Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:04 am

Why cannot download attached files???
Thank s