Community discussions

MikroTik App

lyoung
just joined
Topic Author

Cisco device authentication with Mikrotik Radius/User Manager

Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:32 am

Has anyone had success linking Cisco devices (SG300 series as well as WS-C2960-x series) to use the Mikrotik Radius with User Manager for authenticating administrator logins? I have our Mikrotiks setup and working perfectly, with other Mikrotik devices, but we also have Cisco devices within our network and would like to "mesh" the administrator authentication using the one Radius server configuration. I have been unsuccessful thus far. The Cisco devices don't appear to be communicating with the Radius server, although I am using the same information as the Mikrotiks within the same network. The one big difference that I noticed is that the Cisco devices (with the web interface anyways) don't allow for a source IP address like the Mikrotiks do. I'm not sure if that is part of the initial "authentication" process or not, but the logs on the router and the logs in User Manager are not showing any communication between the devices.

Any assistance would be great. I searched the web over (and thought I found true love.....for you HeeHaw fans) with no helpful results.

Thanks.