Community discussions

MikroTik App

engmuhammad
just joined
Topic Author

multiple user managers and single hotspot gateway

Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Hello,

I have a situation where a broadband whole sellers is getting fiber link and distributing broadband connection using WISP. where he gets 1G for example and distribute it to local sellers . the local sellers gets the broadband using ptmp wifi from whole seller then provide customers with pppoe or hotspot accounts (homes and in street). bandwidth management and shaping happens at the local sellers MK routers. local sellers uses MK built in user manager and MK hotspot gateway. My plan is to bring all customers into Wholesaler's NOC and install powerful MK device to support all customers (PPPOE and Hotspots) accounts, and do the traffic shaping and prioritising at whole-seller's NOC instead of local sellers to better utilise the available link. in summery here is the plan:
1. centralised pppoe/hotspot gateway accounting system where the MK at NOC is responsible of traffic accounting and shaping
2. local sellers must be able to manage their customers accounts and vouchers independently of each other. meaning no hotspot account can work at different local sellers networks.
3. local sellers are used to mk user manager. and it would be hard to different Radius system such as FreeRadius.
4. I am planning to have a CHR cloud hosted router for each local seller to act as his radius (using mk user manager) and the NOC will consult all different CHR instances for authentication and authorisation.

is my solution applicable and is there a better way to achieve it?