Community discussions

MikroTik App

neosez
just joined
Topic Author

MAC Authentication + DHCP + Radius

Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:57 pm

Hi, I'm try to do MAC base authentication and assign different IP Pool based on MAC address.

I successfully authenticate by MAC address and received IP address from different IP Pools that i created in MK. As long as MAC exists in Radius user database customer authenticated.
Now i need a solution that If customer connect new CPE which MAC address not exists in Radius user database , Radius will assigned different IP Pool if user MAC not found in user database. So I can redirect that IP Pool to wall garden.
Please let me know if that's possible.

How to assigned IP address of MAC address that not exists in Radius DB.
I'm using MK User Manager + MK DHCP Server + MK Radius

opalit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: MAC Authentication + DHCP + Radius

Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Did you solve this, I believe it is possible and works on my setup after a fashion, however the database reports show thousands of access reject messages for clients that are not in the database, the DHCP server then assigns these clients an IP from the pool.

This may be less of a problem when I have all the old users in the database only a new client would give an reject message.

rdelacruz

Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:25 pm

You can set the RADIUS to send a Framed-Pool attribute to any unknown devices. Make sure to have such address pool on the Mikrotik router, so the DHCP will use that address pool for unregistered devices.

opalit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:14 pm

You can set the RADIUS to send a Framed-Pool attribute to any unknown devices. Make sure to have such address pool on the Mikrotik router, so the DHCP will use that address pool for unregistered devices.

Where do I enter unknown, do I create a user called unknown and assign the Framed-Pool attribute to that user, I am using FreeRadius and Daloradius to administer it, I cannot find a Framed-Pool attribute

rdelacruz

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:40 am

Framed-pool is available in freeRadius. It's the attribute which contains the name of an assigned address pool that should be used to assign an address for the user.

https://freeradius.org/rfc/rfc2869.html#Framed-Pool

I am not so familiar with DaloRADIUS.

opalit
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:53 am

Daloradius is a web program for administering the FreeRadius database, it is very good, but there may be occasions when manual administration may be necessary.