Community discussions

MikroTik App

ibebrasil
just joined
Topic Author

Free access in Radius controlling a mesh network with openwrt

Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Hi fellows, i am having a problem with hotspot with radius in a RB750 that controll users into a mesh network using openwrt.

The scenario is :
A RB with hotspot and radius, plugged to internet and a first mesh router (tplink archer c5) plugged into a bridged port in RB by the WAN port (in first tplink).

Then we have more 5 tplinks connected in this mesh (using libremesh firmware based on openwrt 17.0.6). The problem is when the fisrt user connect through the hotspot/radius login, all the other users has automatic access to internet when they are connected into one of these tplinks in mesh.

I saw that all connections in the sessions has the same MAC address of the wan port of the first tplink in the mesh that is plugged by the wan port to the RB.

The problem is how to have transparency in this mesh the mac address of the users. In fact i think that the problem is how the users connect in the tplinks, cause each tplink give a local dhcp then forwards to the mesh the finds the gateway to internet (RB with hotspot+radius).

I dont know how to resolve this, even without using hotspot+radius and trying another solution in MK.

Thks
Marcelo