Community discussions

MikroTik App

Boo
Topic Author

Paypal still broke

Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:23 am

Takes money just fine but will not activate the account have tried with IPN and without.
What next??

Boo

firebat

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:24 am

Like one of those vending machines that eats money. :shock:

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:17 am

what is the status of the payment in the usermanager and in the paypal?

Boo
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:14 pm

userman shows an in-active account with unlimited time. Paypal completes the transaction sends a receipt to the customer and notifies me of the transaction as normal.
Boo

Boo
Topic Author

Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:33 pm

Any news on this?

Boo

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:00 pm

What RouterOS version are you using?
could you send the support output file to support@mikrotik.com?
Also what is the status of the paypemt in the 'tool userm-manager payments' menu?
And do you have https enabled (certificate enabled on the router)?

Boo
Topic Author

Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:35 pm

The version is 2.9.41
https is enabled with a generic cert.

output is:

subscriber=admin user=(unknown) key="d6gejduvqugkmabhtp249fhe8htns79p"
credit=1hour credit-time=1h price=300 trans-start=mar/21/2007 01:18:15
trans-end=waiting trans-status=5 result-code=0 result-msg="Timed Out"
method=paypa

I followed the wiki manual for setting this up. Including putting in the public IP.
The money gets taken from the customer and they get a paypal receipt. I also get notified by paypal that I have received the payment.

Boo

uldis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:00 pm

what currency are you using for paypal and usermanager?

Boo
Topic Author

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:16 pm

USD

phendry
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri May 04, 2007 3:26 pm

I'm getting the same problem running v2.9.42. Did you ever get a response?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue May 08, 2007 8:27 am

phendry, contact support (support@mikrotik.com) and try to include description of the problem and as much information as you can (at least information with answers to Uldis post).

phendry
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 08, 2007 11:49 am

phendry, contact support (support@mikrotik.com) and try to include description of the problem and as much information as you can (at least information with answers to Uldis post).
Will do but just so you know all payment attempts show the following status:

trans-start=may/04/2007 12:05:20 trans-end=waiting trans-status=5
result-code=0 result-msg="Timed Out" method=paypal

Also, HTTPS is enabled with a certificate, the router has a public IP address and currency is set to GBP.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue May 08, 2007 3:54 pm

As well make sure that paypal pages are added to walled-garden, as it described here,
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... nts#PayPal

phendry
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue May 08, 2007 4:04 pm

For trial purposes we have been accessing the Userman web interface directly and not via any hotspots. This means we shouldn't need any walled garden setting to test (but will when we go live). The fact that get all the way through the process and both company and client receive a confirmation email from paypal suggests this is fine. It just seems to be the Userman doesn't receive any response from Paypal to activate the account even though it has a public ip address that it routes all traffic via.

phil@nowires.com.au

Thu May 10, 2007 4:13 am

Howdy,

I am seeing this exact same behaviour.

I have a public IP on usermanager router (v2.9.42), a (paid for) SSL certificate installed.

The procedure is:-
Customer connect directly to usermanager signup page, create account, click paypal. Customer gets redirected to paypal payment site, all details are correct. Customer makes payment, money gets transfered from customer to ISP account, customer gets receipt email. Customer clicks "return to merchant" link and then sees 404 error.

I log in to userman with owner account. I can see the new customer account with unlimited time but no credit. I check ISP payapl account and the funds have been transfered.

My currency is in AUD, but I get the same behaviour using USD.

Cheers...ƒil

Boo
Topic Author

Thu May 10, 2007 5:20 am

I had to have a certificate from paypal loaded. All worked fine from there.

phil@nowires.com.au

Thu May 10, 2007 6:03 am

Gday Boo,

Can you please give me some details on how to get the certificate from paypal

Cheers...ƒil

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu May 10, 2007 1:33 pm

Yes, there were issue with certificates. Check that you have certificate. If you do not have certificate, contact support about this issue.

Trisc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re:

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:26 pm

As well make sure that paypal pages are added to walled-garden, as it described here,
If I enter the following from the wiki into my walled garden:

/ ip hotspot walled-garden add dst-host=:^www\\.paypal\\.com\$ dst-port=443 action=allow
/ ip hotspot walled-garden add dst-host=:^content\\.paypalobjects\\.com\$ dst-port=443 action=allow

It doesn't work - my PayPal buttons don't appear and the PayPal style sheets do not load, so it looks like a spoof PayPal site!

phil@nowires.com.au

Re: Paypal still broke

Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:47 pm

Those rules didn't work for me either, giving the results you describe.

The ones that i found to work well are:-
add dst-host=*.paypal.com action=allow comment="" disabled=no 
add dst-host=*.paypal.com.au action=allow comment="" disabled=no 
add dst-host=*.paypalobjects.com action=allow comment="" disabled=no 
add dst-host=*.akamaiedge.net action=allow comment="" disabled=no
you may not need paypal.com.au

Cheers...ƒil

Trisc
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:45 pm

Yes, that's more or less what I've been doing for that past 18 months but from time to time PayPal seem to change IPs and it breaks, so I have lots of addresses in my IP list gathered from reverse DNS lookups.

I'd really like a simple walled garden hostname that just worked!

vince

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:16 pm

Hi,

I'm havig a similar problem to the described here.

All the payment process goes through and the payment appears as completed on our merchant account at Paypal. Just after the payment I can see connections from notify.paypal.com to our usermanager IP. But on /too user-manager payment menu the transaction never ends. "trans-end" field is waiting and after some time "result-msg" is Timed Out".

It has been reported to support. And they kindly accessed my usermanager to check every thing was right. According to them settings has been checked on their system and they work. And I assume the problem is related with the way Paypal reports completed payment. I tryed with certificates generated with apache on Linux and with a Paypal certificate with the same result.

I find very dificult to find the reason the notifications form Paypal are not recognized as there is no log anywhere. Or at least I don't know where to get logs from payment transactions.

Anyone had this problem before?

phendry
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:49 pm

Anyone had this problem before?
Hi Vince, we are still having this problem. What routerOS version and license are you running?

vince

Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:10 pm

Hi phendry,

RouterOS 2.9.43 and same version of usermanager. License level 6.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:23 am

Do you have this problem for new signup user or for the existing one (who wants to extend credit) ?

vince

Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:39 am

Good morning,

It fails on both cases. I just tryed again to be sure that adding credit also fails and it did.

Best regrads.

phil@nowires.com.au

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:06 am

G'Day...

A few suggestions worth checking:-

Install the paypal public certificate (not sure if this is required...following Boo's advice) you find it in http://www.Paypal.com->login->profile->encrypted payment settings.

Install the verisign certificate supplied by mikrotik support (Sergejs).

A self signed certificate would not work for me. I bought a SSL certificate from http://www.litessl.com . I used the \certificate\create-certificate-request command (from terminal) and uploaded the request file to litessl. They generated a certificate within 5 minutes and i was able to download it to my usermanager, install and decrypt.

Be sure that your SSL certificate is valid for the public DNS name of your usermanager, and that your "public host" setting in usermanager->customers is also the correct public DNS name.

Make sure that HTTPS is working on your usermanager router. I check this by enabling resource graphing then visit https://(your_userman_dns_name)/graphs .

Cheers...ƒil

vince

Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:44 am

Thanks Phil,

I already installed and tryed with Paypal certificate following Boo's advice. But it was not successfull. I tryed different "public hotst" the certificate was issued to paypal_api1.ourdomain and I used that wothout success.

The case was reported to Mikrotik Support and Sergejs has taken the case. He didn't sugest litessl certificate. I'll install it if he sugest to do so.

Is Paypal working for you,Phil?

Thanks for the advice.

phil@nowires.com.au

Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:09 am

Hi Vince,

Paypal is working fine for us. It's awesome not having to manually signup users and collect cash!

Installing the litessl paid-for certificate made it work for me. Our self signed certificate would cause internet explorer to prompt "problem with the certificate" error which i assume was causing paypal not to trust my usermanager.

The paid for certificate also gives my customers extra peace of mind when signing up or topping up their account as they are not confronted with a "problem with certificate" error either.

Cheers...ƒil

vince

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:54 am

I tryed with the 30 day evaluation certificate litessl provides and it doesn't install correctly.

I guess apache ssl is the right certificate for Mirkotik web server. Downloaded the files provided by litessl and imported on the usermanager router. But they don't decrypt or appear as a valid certificate.

Keep on trying .... :?

vince

Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:36 am

It is working now. Also with self signed certificates generated as the wiki explains.

I don't know the reason but it was only failing for me. For any reason, Paypal accepted my payments from diferent computers, diferent payment methods (creditcard, paypal account), diferent e-mail contacts but the login was never enabled.

After sometime trying to find the problem I asked a pair of coworkers to try the signup process. And they were succesfull. I can't understand. But it is working for everyone except for me :-)

Regards.

kvan64
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:41 pm

Hi, could someone please show me how to create or download an UNsigned certificate to test? Ta

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:11 pm

You may use 'apache2-ssl-certificate' tool at Linux to create it,
get Linux box and install appropriate packages to get this command.

hambakwe

Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:51 am

I am having the same problem.

Usermanager is on a public IP (v2.9.43), with a trial SSL certificate Comodo installed.

Everything works fine till the end:
1) Customer connects directly to usermanager signup page.
2) Customer creates account and selects PayPal.
3) Customer gets redirected to paypal payment site, all details are correct.
4) Customer makes payment and money gets transfered OK from customer to us.
5) Customer gets a receipt email.

6) Customer clicks "return to merchant" link and then gets a 404 error.

If we log in to userman we see a new customer account createdwith unlimited time but no credit showing.

I have read everything above on certificates, walled garden (and had no difficulty putting in the paypal rules on the wiki) currencies, external IP's etc and all looks fine with these.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

In reading all your posts clearly several of you had the same problem, and many managed to fix it.

Has anyone at MT found a common factor which is present in all the problems?

Thanks,
Martin

vince

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:14 am

I don't think you have any problem with the walled garden rules as your users can fill in the signup form and paymet form in paypal.

But you have a can see a difference with my case. I didn't get the "404 Not found" error when returning to the merchant. I saw it when doing test with certificates and used the wrong certificate.

My case was (and still is) very strange because when I did the payment myself either with credit card (3 different cards) or with another paypal account, the credit wasn't added to the customer. But then two of my cologues tryed the payment and it was successful. And also we had some real customers created correctly.

But it seems to fail again for anyone. The certificate is still valid. So that shouldn't be the reason. I upgraded to 2.9.44 that should come with some improvements on the usermanager. May be that is the cause.

At the moment the workaround is: Copy user name, password and credit and manually remove and create it with the credit payed.

Regards.

vince

Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:05 am

I made another test and now I see the 404 error message when returning to the merchant. But the user was successfuly created.

It's like sometimes the notification from paypal and usermanager fails. Some logs including the status of the payment notification will be usefull to have some clues. I think it is not posible to have those logs on the usermanager system, am I right?

hambake, has someoneelse tryed your usermanager using other payment credentials? I have no doubt on our economy ;-) It is because on my case the system is working for some people and it is failing for some other people. And I am not able to see any clear relation between them.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:15 pm

Question to the users, who have problems with Paypal and UserManager.
Could you provide us with information about used currency for the accounts as for you as service provider (who sells the Internet access) as for your client (who purchases Internet access) ?

hambakwe

Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:21 pm

Question to the users, who have problems with Paypal and UserManager.
Could you provide us with information about used currency for the accounts as for you as service provider (who sells the Internet access) as for your client (who purchases Internet access) ?
Sergejs, we bill in Euros (EUR) and clients pay in Euros although their cards may be UK£ or US$ etc., cards as most are tourists.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:40 pm

Make sure that your client is not paying in UK or USD, if he/she is payind in different currency that is not supported by your Paypal account. You have to enable additional UK/USD account at Paypal.

hambakwe

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:50 pm

The payments are going through just fine. The problem is that clients get a page error when returning to our site from PayPal and the client's account is not being updated with the payment etc.
Make sure that your client is not paying in UK or USD, if he/she is payind in different currency that is not supported by your Paypal account. You have to enable additional UK/USD account at Paypal.

phil@nowires.com.au

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:28 am

A suggestion...

You need to establish that your router is accepting https connections. The easiest way to do this is to enable resource graphing then visit https://(your_userman_dns_name)/graphs .
If you see the graphs then the router is accepting the https connection...if you get an error, then you have a problem with your certificate or ssl configuration on the router and not with usermanager.

Cheers...ƒil

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:38 am

Users who are experiencing problems with User Manager at 2.9 release, please contact support department (support@mikrotik.com) for more information.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:29 pm

We have one issue with Paypal that is related to specific characters used for Paypal account (e.g. š or any specific symbol), you may try to change these symbols to regular one. If this change will help you, you should wait for the next version (where this issue will be fixed) or contact support department, if you need these special characters.

If you will have any other issues with Paypal, we will appreciate if you will help us, more iformation,
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... l_payments

voip4life
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:37 am

It is working now. Also with self signed certificates generated as the wiki explains.

I don't know the reason but it was only failing for me. For any reason, Paypal accepted my payments from diferent computers, diferent payment methods (creditcard, paypal account), diferent e-mail contacts but the login was never enabled.

After sometime trying to find the problem I asked a pair of coworkers to try the signup process. And they were succesfull. I can't understand. But it is working for everyone except for me :-)

Regards.
I'm not sure if this is what's happening to you or not, but paypal does not allow payments to yourself which may explain why it works for your co-workers but not you.

skye1

Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:00 am

I have followed the steps repeatedly to create a certificate request and it does not work.
I create the request but when I try to import nothing happens. The certificate-request.pem and the private-key.pem file can be seen in the file system, but will not be imported or decrypted, no matter what method is tried.
I can only delete them and recreate them.
Terribly frustrating.
sep/01/2007 19:47:30 system,info,critical certificate request file certificate-r
equest.pem and private key file private-key.pem created
Terminal vt102 detected, using multiline input mode
[admin@MikroTik] > certificate
[admin@MikroTik] certificate> create-certificate-request
certificate request file name: certificate-request.pem
certificate request file already exists and will be overwritten if you continue.
file name: private-key.pem
private key file already exists and will be overwritten if you continue.
passphrase: *******
verify passphrase: *******
rsa key bits: 1024
country name: US
state or province name: florida
locality name: my town
organization name: frustrated.com
organization unit name: frustrated.com
common name: tik1.frustrated.com
email address: admin@frustrated.com
challenge password: *******
unstructured address:
[admin@MikroTik] certificate>
echo: system,info,critical certificate request file certificate-request.pem and
private key file private-key.pem created
[admin@MikroTik] certificate>
[admin@MikroTik] certificate> import
passphrase: *******
certificates-imported: 0
private-keys-imported: 0
files-imported: 0
decryption-failures: 0
keys-with-no-certificate: 1
This is my result each time
Does anyone have a suggestion?

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:31 am

You have to create certficates or buy them from the organization (signed certificate), if it is fine with unsigned you may use 'apache2-ssl' or 'openssl' tool to create certificate.

lcrhea25
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:02 pm

I am having the same problem.

Usermanager is on a public IP (v2.9.43), with a trial SSL certificate Comodo installed.

Everything works fine till the end:
1) Customer connects directly to usermanager signup page.
2) Customer creates account and selects PayPal.
3) Customer gets redirected to paypal payment site, all details are correct.
4) Customer makes payment and money gets transfered OK from customer to us.
5) Customer gets a receipt email.

6) Customer clicks "return to merchant" link and then gets a 404 error.

If we log in to userman we see a new customer account createdwith unlimited time but no credit showing.

I have read everything above on certificates, walled garden (and had no difficulty putting in the paypal rules on the wiki) currencies, external IP's etc and all looks fine with these.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

In reading all your posts clearly several of you had the same problem, and many managed to fix it.

Has anyone at MT found a common factor which is present in all the problems?

Thanks,
Martin
Does anybody have an answer to this yet? I get the same thing except I don't get the 404 error. It goes back to the login page but it won't work and the users prepaid time shows unlimited instead of what they paid for.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:17 pm

Contact support (support@mikrotik.com),
include the following information,
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... l_payments
Make sure you have the latest version of RouterOS.

drewishus
just joined

Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:16 am

After MONTHS of trying to get this to work, I finally got it working today.
Right now I have it working on 3.6, but it may apply to other versions as well.
So, I followed all documentation and read all the forums to no avail. At first I kept getting "Status: Error
Status description: PayPal response error: cannot resolve dns"
I was very thorough in matching up all my DNS entries, so this did not make sense.
So, I got a demo signed cert from litessl.com to ensure it wasn't a problem with my self-signed cert.
This did not help.
Next, I added my demo cert file to my paypal encrypted payment settings page (under profile after you login).
PROGRESS!
I now get an error that says "Status: Error
Status description: Credit price differs from amount paid"
Hmm, maybe if I turn off my state tax so that my charged price matches my stated price it'll work?
Viola!
It does. It finally works! Whoo hoo!
Okay, so first question is why did it take so much poking around to make this work. MT? How hard was that? It'd be great to see this tested and added to the documentation. It'd also be great to get some logs or debugging available to users so we can figure out what's breaking without having to guess at the guts of the blackbox.
Overview of steps:
1) enable SSL on box
2) install and enable usermanager and create users
3) setup account at paypal and reference appropriately in usermanager setup
4) upload SSL cert to paypal under profile/Encrypted Payment Settings
5) Ensure DNS all matches, especially with your cert's hostname
6) disable any taxes being charged, or do taxes inclusively in your pricing

So, feature requests from this:
1) allow tax to be charged at Paypal (so, payment amount differs from charged price is okay)
2) Logs, please
3) ability to customize usermanager and user pages (at the very minimum, let us replace the mikrotik logo so we don't look so low-budget)
Thanks, good luck to all!

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:04 am

Hi

I have the same problem like you guys. Users get created payments ok everything ok but you can not log in with that user name that what created by paypal. I did all the thing what wiki says. you can see yourself that https works, it just doesn get data from paypal to activate the user with the credit asigned.

All the wallgardian addresses are added. If buys certificate from 3rd party will solve the problem i will buy one godaddy.com has 2 option one for 33 USD or for 103 approx. Which one should i use?

Can you help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:08 am

tombee79, do you have the latest version?

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:34 am

Thanks so much for caring, so far it is like Black box with no solutions,

yes i do it is 4.5 ver , level4 750g mt rboard

you can try to log in to user payment profile with user name: dan
no password, to see what is happening

i create the user manually for login in ok.

Should port 433 be open on my WAN? it is not as you can see on the pic below. I got certificate from godaddy.com still the same problem.

any ideal what can be wrong?
Last edited by tombee79 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:05 am

But when i check my graphs page with https; everything looks ok. What can be wrong?

See attached screen shot.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:56 am

The latest version is MikroTik RouterOS 4.10,
http://www.mikrotik.com/download.html

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:48 am

Hi

Thanks for your help 1st of all

Yea the problem still continue, after upgrading to 4.10 ver.

Take a look at the screen shots.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:01 am

Please post your configuration from,
/certificate print
/ip service print

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi

I erased all the certificates and started again.

I fallowed the steps from wiki:

Importing certificate
Certificate file can be then uploaded to the router and imported with command

/certificate import file-name=...
The command should return

certificates-imported: 1
private-keys-imported: 1
files-imported: 1
keys-with-no-certificate: 0
If it doesn't, could happen that the file contains private key and certificate sections in incorrect order. In this situation the output should be

certificates-imported: 1
private-keys-imported: 0
keys-with-no-certificate: 1
Just repeat the same command

/certificate import file-name=...
once again and the output should be this time

Now certificate is imported correctly and ready for use;

Enabling WWW SSL
SSL connections for WWW server can be enabled with command

/ip service set www-ssl disabled=no certificate=cert1
where cert1 must be replaced by a correct c

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Everything went ok, like you guys are saying. With 2048 bit encryption ( godaddy needs that)

I copied and pasted the server.crt file to godaddy.com with other server to compile and once it was ready i downloaded from them. Then i pasted those tow files the gd_bundal and skynetisp.com.crt to Mikrotik 750G router with 4.10ver and inported the cert file and gd_bundal and as last the server.key. Everything went ok i got the :

but when i try to check if my https url works NOP. ex. https://skynetisp.com/graphs don't work, gives me err that the connection is not verified and not signed. And
signing up new users is still the same problem like i discribe above nothing changed with that at all.

see screen shoots.

P.S i also tried with the xxxxx.pem files generated on User manager /mikrotik web server. The same results. Certificated was not verified 2 out of 3 checked marks when error about the ssl connections in user browser pop up, were displayed.

Thanks guys.

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:15 pm

These are remaining screen shots.
Last edited by tombee79 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:16 am

Hi

I managed to get it to work the certificate and godaddy.com ssl tool for checking my ssl certificate. I tried to get sign up with my new user let say: gossl , but the same results. like at the beginning i got email from paypal thou.
:

Hello

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://skynetisp.com/user?payment=paypa ... =0&subid=1
http://skynetisp.com/user?payment=paypa ... 98&subid=1
https://skynetisp.com/user?payment=payp ... 47&subid=1
http://skynetisp.com/user?payment=paypa ... 39&subid=1
https://skynetisp.com/user?payment=payp ... =0&subid=1
https://skynetisp.com/user?payment=payp ... 72&subid=1
http://skynetisp.com/user?payment=paypa ... 53&subid=1
https://skynetisp.com/user?payment=payp ... 75&subid=1

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

=============================================================

and one more recently: today:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notifications (IPN). IPNs sent to the following URL(s) are failing:

http://skynetisp.com/user?payment=paypa ... =0&subid=1
http://skynetisp.com/user?payment=paypa ... 39&subid=1
https://skynetisp.com/user?payment=payp ... 47&subid=1
https://skynetisp.com/user?payment=payp ... 72&subid=1
http://skynetisp.com/user?payment=paypa ... 53&subid=1

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information. If this problem continues, IPNs may be disabled for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue

====================================================================

Any ideal what i am missing here?

Looks like it is on final stage to acctivate the new create accout and that is where it stacks, on MT router to acctivate the user accout. User manager doen't get the message some how even thou PayPal send it to it.

the certificate has to work on LAN and on WAN. with FQDN of the Certificat ( CN ) but i can not get to the skynetisp. not being log in first.

Question.
How can anyone sign up with https for https://skynetisp.com when they are not log in first?
What DNS should i use and walled garden for LAN and WAN when signing up new user.

Thanks

What can be causing it?

Thanks Mikto TIk Staff.

P.S

Some folks may find this hande:
1) I was making mistake when copy file to godaddy it has to be xxxxxxxx.CSR to rekey for new certificate and pick "other" option for www server when generating the new certificate.
2) Make sure your pc that you test/work while doing the certificate has TIME set between the range other ways the cert will get err . Change time 1 day ahead. I did and no err.
Last edited by tombee79 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:27 am

1) Required walled-garden entries (I recommend to read the entire link),

2) User should go to signup page from the HotSpot login page (you can make a link),
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/User_Mana ... n_up#Setup

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:04 am

Hi

I have check the walled garden urls and i copied and pasted them form mikrotik wiki, so should be ok right? with wan IP in there as well.?

After successful payment and clicking the "return to merchant" i get redirected to usermanager user page this is the url:

https://skynetisp.com/user?tx=1B024975W ... rset=UTF-8

I also added my certificate to paypal as one of you suggested before testing it. Still the same problem.

MIKROTIK DOESN'T"T READ/ACCEPT THE DATA FROM PAY-PAL WHY?

dns is : skynetisp.com like in my certificate.( CN = common name )

Should Mikrotik work even without adding the same certificate like i have on MT 750g box to my paypal accout ? Or it has to be done?

I open port 443 on fire wall. So i know it is not ssl issue.

Either way doesn't work.

Hello Tom

Please check your server that handles PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) messages. Messages sent to the following URL(s) are not being received:

https://skynetisp.com/user?payment=payp ... 75&subid=1
http://skynetisp.com/user?payment=paypa ... 70&subid=1

If you do not recognize this URL, you may be using a service provider that is using IPN on your behalf. Please contact your service provider with the above information.

Once you or your service provider fix this problem, you or your service provider can resend the failed messages from the IPN History page. If this problem continues, PayPal may disable the IPN feature for your account.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this issue.

Thanks,

PayPal

I am open to any suggestions.
Last edited by tombee79 on Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

sergejs
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:08 am

I think it would be faster if you will contact MikroTik support with attached support from User Manager router (support@mikrotik.com).

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:25 am

thanks will do

tombee79
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:38 am

The problem got resolved.