Community discussions

MikroTik App

benibilme2
just joined
Topic Author

6.46 update seems to broke my radius user manager.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:36 am

Hello,

I have upgraded my system to 6.46 stable. After that I have changed the usb device which keeps usermanager database and log files. I see multiple disk drives even though currently there is only one. After installing new usb I gave the command /tool user-manager database set db-path=disk1/usermanager to relocate the userman database. After this command everything seems fine, but after reboots it is gone. The configuration does not persist.

Any help much appreciated.

Guntis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Re: 6.46 update seems to broke my radius user manager.

Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:29 am

We have reproduced this issue, thanks for reporting it.

benibilme2
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:27 pm

Hello,

Thank you for the response, unfortunately I had to spend hours and then I finally gave up and reinstalled the router with netinstall, then the problem has gone. But the backups, I took did not work, I have lost my capsman, all router configuration. I have started from zero. I used to have two device which were controller by capsman, radius server with mac and dhcp authentication... I had to quit this configuration because I could not redo my previous configuration which had been done three years ago. I had to move to dhcp to opnsense, quit using for a while the radius based authentication, and quit all together mac based authentication and content with less security. I also had to quit capsman because second device never showed up in the capsman controlled list.

I am stupid for upgrading. So this issue has totally destroyed my mikrotik infrastructure and gave me a sleeplest night, and back pain without any gain.

Anyway I am still pleased to know it is a bug. I would like to hear a solution if possible.

Nimasalehi
just joined

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:25 am

I have upgraded my system to 6.46 stable. After that I have changed the usb device which keeps usermanager database and log files. I see multiple disk drives even though currently there is only one. After installing new usb I gave the command /tool user-manager database set db-path=disk1/usermanager to relocate the userman database. After this command everything seems fine, but after reboots it is gone. The configuration does not persist

We have reproduced this issue, thanks for reporting it.
I had the same problem. Writing a schedule solved the problem somewhat, but it was repeated.
/tool user-manager database set db-path=disk1/user-manager/
At first, I ran this schedule in startup but after a few hours the configuration does not persist.

Next, I run the schedule every two hours to fix the problem temporarily. This error is displayed to me

"internal error: faild to listen on 127.0.0.1: entry already exist"

What this means and how it will be resolved. I didn't find anything on the internet!

In addition, this problem is fixed by updating the routerOS to 6.42.2?