Community discussions

MikroTik App

andytshilumba
just joined
Topic Author

vouchers sizing

Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:16 am

Hi All,

i'm newbie in MT, and just start to use Usermanager. I Have one concern: how to reduce the size of printing voucher? I would like to have for each voucher 8cmx8cm square.
Someone can tell me how to proceed?

My regards

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: vouchers sizing

Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:32 pm

Yes, Small "Tiket" sized output would be handy.

I havent had much time to play with that aspect yet.

Craig

frenchi6625
just joined

Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:04 pm

you can output your vouchers to csv files, then import them into a Word template or such.

airforce1
just joined

Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:44 pm

Hello... need help in the same situation. don't know if thsi is off topic but can u explain to me how to export from csv to a word template or any software that c an do that

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:50 pm

OK...

I have an idea...

I have worked with a pice of code in the past called "Bertender" by Seagull Scientiffic.

It is NOT a party mix book !! :D

It is a very powerfull barcoding and label generation system.

I has a "attendant / automation" model one is "Active-X" the other is a "Wake up stupid" and look for files mode.

In the wake up stupid mode, the code just sits and constantly looks at a given folder for a text file to show up.
Once it detects a file, it imediatly opens it and reads the contense and formats the data to a given label format.

This could be setup to watch for CSV files and with a bit of additionail coding could even direct the output to a given printer based on what "client / router" the request is made from...

IE one user manager machine (Central), many motels.. when a request is made from hotel "A" then labels / tikits print to that hotel. when hotell "B" requests, then print to that hotel etc....

normis
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:57 am

sounds interesting !

but we are working on a new user manager, and your request will be fulfilled. small vouchers will be possible.

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:31 am

Works for ME !!! 8)

You know you just open a whole can of "When worms" .... :lol:

Have a great one !!

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Yes! this case borders us all.

While waiting for the new user manager, i use excel to resize it to my desire. all you need do is when generating a multiple vouchers, tick the csv option beneath it and it will come up after applying automatically, save it and open with excel. format and print.

JP_Wireless
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:51 pm

csickles,

really interesting...

but how easy is this sotfware to use and how available is it?

csickles
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:51 pm

It is commercial..

The MFG = Seagull Scientiffic

It is called "Bartender".

It is used by many to produce bar code labels etc.

It can be "automated" by "ActiveX" a Microsoft method.

Once a format is created, you can use commands like:

bartender.openfile("c:\label.btf")
label.barcode1.text = "123ABC"
label.printer = "some printer name"
label.copies = 10
label.print

This would load a format named "lebel", set the barcode named barcode1 to the value of "123ABC" producing the correct barcode format and check characters etc. and print 10 copies to a printer named "some printer name"

The syntax is not exact, bit it is the general idea..

In wake ip mode, a template is created, the text input format is defined (in this case formated to the User Manager output format) and then the program is configured to watch a speciffic dirrectory for files to process..

We used it for years in a computer mfg / configuration facility..
Dont ask me how many labels I have created over the years... I have many thermal heads warn out to my credit !!

I have also been wanting to get some time to just code it my self under VB2005 or VB2008.

I could just read in the CSV files and look at the prefix for the user and output the print job to printers (label or otherwise) based on the prefix values..

IE: if you have 100 locations all using the user same user manager, you could create tikets with a user prefix of 39 for example. when the code looked in the "import dirrectory" and opened the CSV and read 39 as the prefix, it could lookup 39 in an internal database, find the apropriate printer and print out the tikets on the printer for location #39. You could strip off the location number on the tiket if you wanted, but it would also provide verification to the location that the tikets belonged to them..
Barcodes can easaly be generated bu using a barcode font and placing a "*" on the leading and trailing end of the string of data to be presented as a borcode.. IE: 123ABC would be formated as " *123ABC* "

NOTE: most barcode fonts (Windows based) will only represent uppercase characters, lowercase characters will be dropped, so check your output for correct information (user manager is case sensitive and uses both upper and lower case, so look for a font engine that can handle it)