Community discussions

MikroTik App

ekkas
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Clear counters from WEB?

Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:42 pm

1) Is there a way to clear user counters from within the WEB interface?
2) Also to display total counters (traffic) in hotspot's status window, not just current session.

That would enable users to see their total 'CAP' usage and allow the admin to reset it at end-of-the-month/week.
Nice for a 'hotspot' where users are 'permanent' and do not use short-lived 'vouchers'.

Ekkas

SweetSunday
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Clear counters from WEB?

Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:49 am

Agreed. I and several others have been banging away at MT for a while on this - we have permanent users who purchase a monthly datacap, so we only need;

1. a way to reset user's counters to zero at the beginning of each month without losing their month-by-month history. This requires a way of closing all existing sessions and restarting new ones at 0001 hours on the first of the month,

2. a way users can access their own monthly usage to date with a simple button-push instead of complex URLs, user-names and passwords.

MT's hotspot could do this, but MT has concentrated exclusively on the 'Starbucks'-type hotspot when designing theirs.

Some of us have been working on scripts for this, see

http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling

which might offer some suggestions.

charleshbrenner
just joined

Re: Clear counters from WEB?

Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:11 am

Thanks for this great help. I am glad i have found this but sad that i found you so late. This information is very useful. Thanks for the tips mentioned here which are very impressive and influential. I never knew much about clearing counters from web. As i have stepped in to this business so i needed to know about this now. And found your post. Thanks a lot. :)
Visit:
creative web design | search engine marketing company