Community discussions

MUM Europe 2020

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Failed to find user database or disk is full.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:46 am

IM getting this when i try to acces user-manager... I have 5.1 MB free HDD space left and 8.2 free memory left. How do i clear my logs or do anything when i cant even access user-manager? any Ideas.... One is get a P4 with a big Hard drive.... Let me know thanks a bunch -Jordan
~Agricultural WISP "ZONE"~ Beware of oncoming cattle and dont hit the farmer!!! I need to ask him about using his silo for an AP first"~

*Automated Billing Installer* http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling Built by Krige ;-)

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Re: Failed to find user database or disk is full.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:01 pm

I really need this answered... I Keep getting these errors every time a client trys to pull data or start a new session. How do I clear all of the sessions and logs... It is eating up all of my HD and memory on my routerboard.... I could go into user-manager and do it but that will take forever with 13+ thousand logs.... and even MORE sessions.... There must be a /tool user-manager sessions erase option??? right... I checked the manual couldnt find anything. But i may have missed it. Thanks for anybodys help. -Jordan
~Agricultural WISP "ZONE"~ Beware of oncoming cattle and dont hit the farmer!!! I need to ask him about using his silo for an AP first"~

*Automated Billing Installer* http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/AutomatedBilling Built by Krige ;-)

skye1

Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:47 am

web browse to usermanager and select logs or sessions and in the upper right there is a drop down allowing you to change the number of items displayed. Select 1000 and then select all and remove. with 13K you still only have to repeat this 13 times.
I think from new terminal it would be
tool user-manager log remove 0,5 I could not seem to remove too many at one time with this method and found the web interface to work much better.

jordantrx
Long time Member
Long time Member
Topic Author

Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:04 pm

web browse to usermanager and select logs or sessions and in the upper right there is a drop down allowing you to change the number of items displayed. Select 1000 and then select all and remove. with 13K you still only have to repeat this 13 times.
I think from new terminal it would be
tool user-manager log remove 0,5 I could not seem to remove too many at one time with this method and found the web interface to work much better.
Thats really stupid..... I have 174 THOUSAND sessions.... So that means im going to clear my sessions 174 times every 3 months..... and the logs 17 times every 3 months.... This is a problem if there is no way to tell through /tool user-manager sessions erase 1-174000 Or if they allowed like 10 thousand per page... How does everybody else deal with this? Most likely a big hard drive, in a P4... I hope the new user-manager has a better way of erasing sessions/logs -Jordan

SweetSunday
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:28 pm

I hope the new user-manager has a better way of erasing sessions/logs -Jordan
I agree. I was faced with deleting over 200,000 session log entries when the hdd was crammed to a standstill - quite ridiculous.

Calling up entries 1,000 to a page and then deleting them was taking nearly two minutes per page on a 400MHz RB532 so it would have taken a full working day just to delete them in this manner.

heiko_s

Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:07 am

...even the script won't work...
what helped was disabling the logs - but the sessions still remain.

If you delete the sessions in the webgui - does it release diskspace - i tried it, the sessions were gone but the disk was still full. ;o(

Regards
Heiko