Community discussions

MikroTik App

radioresearch
Topic Author

Suspending accounts

Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 pm

Hi, I searched for possible responses to this already, but haven't seen any. maybe someone can help.

My system is set up on Kandahar Airfield, Afghanistan. Occasionally, the military guys and some of the civilians will be sent out on missions. As part of our agreement with them, we suspend their account until their return if it official business.

The problem I am having is that even though their accounts are suspended in User Manager, their time still runs down. Is there any way to accurately suspend the account and have it waiting for these good people when they return from their missions? As it is, I have to make a written note of each person, and then refer to those notes when they return. It would be nice if I can get User Manager to do that for me.

I am currently running ROS 3.24.

Can anyone please offer help or suggestions?

Thanks!!

Albert

Egate
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Suspending accounts

Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Did use User manager a bit but dont know that well. Would suggest you make use of a external radius server. Few free linux once and also some you pay a small fee for setup. Much more orientated for ISP and also if you have to change router, authentication ready without problems.

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:18 am

Did not understand well, what do you mean by "suspend". Does it mean "disabling user for a while" and "re-enabling it afterward"?

Can't you just leave the account active? Is there some harm, when the account is active, while the person is away? You can, of course, disable the user and enable it afterwards.

Or you can change the username, adding some prefix for it, lets say, if the username is "user23", you can change it to "disabled_user23". This way you can search easily for disabled users.

radioresearch
Topic Author

Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Did not understand well, what do you mean by "suspend". Does it mean "disabling user for a while" and "re-enabling it afterward"?

Can't you just leave the account active? Is there some harm, when the account is active, while the person is away? You can, of course, disable the user and enable it afterwards.

Or you can change the username, adding some prefix for it, lets say, if the username is "user23", you can change it to "disabled_user23". This way you can search easily for disabled users.

Hi, I think you missed my point. When these people leave for a mission or are wounded and have to go to the hospital, I want to be able to make their account time stop and stand still and then re-enable them when they are back and able to use the account. As it stands now, I can suspend the user, but their time continues to run. Thanks for your help.

asus

Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:06 pm

may be you are looking for this....

but this software doesn't support radius & they have inbuilt pppoe & hotspot server.

but you can't rely on it that's why m shifting to usermanager
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

userman
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:35 pm

Such a feature is not available yet, but we will probably add it in the future.

asus

Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Thank you very much :D