Community discussions

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

USER MANAGER RATE LIMIT

Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:58 pm

hello,
I am having some problem setting up rate limit in user manager. After creating or setting up rate limit for a user, it starts having problem fro logging to hotspot.

See attached picture the rate limit as i set them.
usermaan rate limit.JPG

here is the log it generated when i log in to the mikrotik console.
09:52:05 hotspot,info,debug ceva (172.16.0.10): trying to log in by http-chap
09:52:07 hotspot,error,info,debug ceva (172.16.0.10): internal error: login fail
ed: failed to add queue: out-burst-limit less than out-max-limit (6)
09:52:17 hotspot,info,debug ceva (172.16.0.10): trying to log in by http-chap
09:53:10 hotspot,info,debug ceva (172.16.0.10): trying to log in by http-chap
09:53:12 hotspot,error,info,debug ceva (172.16.0.10): internal error: login fail
09:53:27 hotspot,info,debug ceva (172.16.0.10): trying to log in by http-chap
09:53:29 hotspot,error,info,debug ceva (172.16.0.10): internal error: login fail

I am using Router OS 3.22

What will likely cause this problem, and how do i set the rate limit in userman, and set queue for hotspot users in userman.

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

skillful
Trainer
Trainer

Re: USER MANAGER RATE LIMIT

Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:10 pm

The "Burst threshold" cannot be higher than the "Rate Limit"

RX and TX are seen from the perspective of the router. RX is what the router receives from the client, i.e clients uploads. TX is what is transmitted to the client by the router, i.e. clients downloads.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:51 pm

The "Burst threshold" cannot be higher than the "Rate Limit"

RX and TX are seen from the perspective of the router. RX is what the router receives from the client, i.e clients uploads. TX is what is transmitted to the client by the router, i.e. clients downloads.
Skilful, from the above, how will the setting be like assuming i want to give the client 64kbps for downlaod and 32kbps for upload. Looking at the picture, how do i set it up in UM, and how do i set up the burst. And what should be on the burst threshod considering the bandwidth i want to set above.

Can u assist me more on queueing hotspot users, i mean setting up queue for each user or batch of users.

skillful
Trainer
Trainer

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:40 pm

something like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:49 pm

thanks man, u are a gentle man.

i need you to help me set up queue for hotspot users. i have a client who claims to be using 1pc but i later discovered dat he has about 6pcs in his office all connected to interenet. i want to setup a limit for him at least create d queue so dat i can limit him. again assuming i am having 256kbps/128kbps from my isp, and i want my hotspot users to have like 128kbps/64kbps, how do i limit them to just dat bandwidth alone while my other lan users will have d remaining bandwidth.

thanks

mersudin

Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:26 am

thanks man, u are a gentle man.

i need you to help me set up queue for hotspot users. i have a client who claims to be using 1pc but i later discovered dat he has about 6pcs in his office all connected to interenet. i want to setup a limit for him at least create d queue so dat i can limit him. again assuming i am having 256kbps/128kbps from my isp, and i want my hotspot users to have like 128kbps/64kbps, how do i limit them to just dat bandwidth alone while my other lan users will have d remaining bandwidth.

thanks
do u want to limit that single user who shares his bandwoth among those 6 PC or what ;)

u could get better answers if u draw your ruter and your client on schematic picture :)

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:30 pm

do u want to limit that single user who shares his bandwoth among those 6 PC or what ;)
yes, i want to limit him and do same for others.

u could get better answers if u draw your ruter and your client on schematic picture :)[/quote]

As regards the bandwidth, i know that hotspot in queue shows unlimited, ut i want to allocate a bandwidth to hotspot users so that if i did not limit a user, they hotspot client can share the bandwidth.

thanks

eneimi

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:41 pm

For your scenario, you might find some of the articles here interesting:
http://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Bandwidth ... and_Queues

dunga
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:20 am

i need you to help me set up queue for hotspot users. i have a client who claims to be using 1pc but i later discovered dat he has about 6pcs in his office all connected to internet. i want to setup a limit for him at least create d queue so dat i can limit him alone.

again assuming i am having 256kbps/128kbps from my isp, and i want my hotspot users to have like 128kbps for download /64kbps for uploads, how do i limit them to just dat bandwidth alone while my other lan users will have d remaining bandwidth.

thanks[/quote]

do u want to limit that single user who shares his bandwidth among those 6 PC or what ;)
I want to limit this user to like 8kbps up and 18kbps down, and then assign bandwidth for all users

u could get better answers if u draw your ruter and your client on schematic picture :)[/quote]
hotspot users.jpg

laithmikrotik

Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:27 pm

good information......... :D
I LIKE MIKROTIK