Community discussions

MikroTik App

mlind
just joined
Topic Author

Transaction Error Notification from Authorize.net

Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:53 pm

We have been encountering this error on a fairly frequent basis ever since establishing our hotspot router. When a user successfully purchases time with their credit card and this error occurs, their transaction is NOT applied the "User Manager" and their login name is not usable.

The error description in the associated email from authorize.net is as follows:
-----------------------------
"An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

This transaction has been approved.

It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service."
From the Authorize.net website, the following is listed as possible reasons for the error:
A connection timeout may occur when, after receiving and handling a transaction request, we return a response back to your software but do not receive confirmation within ten seconds to indicate that the software received the response. In such a situation, the response would be updated to state:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An email has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is a result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

Connection timeouts largely occur because of issues that delay your site's processing of our response. Since the connection depends on several components--including but not limited to your software, the server running the software, and your Internet connectivity--connection timeout issues can be tricky to resolve.
They list some known possible causes of connection timeouts; such as
-- Relay URL does not exist
-- Domain name issues that prevent our service from locating your server
-- Server configuration issues that prevent your web server from locating your scripts or pages in the right place
-- Misspelled Relay URL
-- The Relay URL is not pointing at correct location for target script/page
-- Target script/page unavailable
-- Web server authentication blocking access to the target script/page
-- Script lacks execute permissions
-- Server load or configuration prevents access to page
-- Target script/page available but timing out
-- Server load prevents completing communication with the target script/page within 10 seconds
-- Improper scripting order does not allow script to complete receiving our response before handling other server-intensive tasks, such as database writes or email delivery during heavy email queuing

Because these errors occur intermittently, it seems that this might be a timing issue. I will be speaking with authorize.net support today to get their take on this issue.

Thanks,

I will be emailing the support output file to support@mikrotik.com

miahac
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: Transaction Error Notification from Authorize.net

Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:35 am

I am setting up user sign-up for the first time. I am getting to this point..... I am not really sure what it is trying to relay back to...
Network Consultant in Wichita, KS

spectrasurf
just joined

Re: Transaction Error Notification from Authorize.net

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:42 pm

So what'd you find out? We are having the same exact issue. It runs the card, then auth.net spits an error that it couldn't talk to the script.

We are all 100% public IP, no NAT, no firewall.