MikroTik App

shrek777
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Speed Limit, User search

Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:54 pm

Hello
I want to ask if new userman support following.
I have 100 mbps local speed and 10 mbps global speed, so i want to give users 10 mbps local and 1 mbps global speed, can i add this queue in new user manager, in old it was impossible, you can add only speed limit wich limits all internet speed, also i want to use radius for wireless too, but my problem is that, when i want to search user i cannot user search because all clients usernames are mac address and i cannot remebmer 100 users mac address, can i search with firstname and lastname in new usermanager?
Thank you

eneimi

Re: Speed Limit, User search

Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:17 pm

UM, just like hotspot or pppoe etc, cannot differentiate between local and/or global transfers and so can do basic rate limiting with date and/or time scheduling based on profiles.
If you want such advanced queuing, you will need first to mark (thus differentiating between) local and global traffic using mangle, and then apply something like queue trees based on your marked traffic:
http://www.mikrotik.com/testdocs/ros/3.0/qos/queue.php
Other examples in the wiki.
Yes, new UM allows you search with almost a dozen different parameters - including firstname and/or lastname.

shrek777
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Re: Speed Limit, User search

Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:36 am

Thank you
You made great um