Community discussions

MikroTik App

dormador
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

authentication between my routerboards inside my network.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Hi every one..
i need the write way , because am testing to do this but no issue at all.
i want the client routerboard (usermanger) take the authentications from the main server MT 3.30 (usermanger)...
am do many thing ... am work from 1 week until know ... but i dont know where is the problem..
am using usermanger in x86 with 3.30 .. the routerboard for client rb433ah + rb411ah .... i want the routerboard has own hotspot and enable usermanger inside it...
am testing to take authentication from another server in another network and its work perfectly but i want to do that inside my network !
the routerboard setting is :
1- connect to the main server with pppoe ... and without pppoe also with the same result ((not work))
2- then i put in radius many ips with one secret (123456) i put the ip for the main server and the real ip for my network... not work .

i wont to forget the radius in the main server has real ip .

i don't know where is the mistake !

any suggestions opinion are very welcome .

regards
dormador

ngo222
just joined

Re: authentication between my routerboards inside my network

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:09 pm

hello dormador,

i dont think i get u so well. cud u explain the problem in a much clearer way. this will help us all to understand what ur problem is. first, are u configuring a hotspot or pppoe. i find it difficult to understand ur explanation.

dormador
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:58 pm

ok i have picture explain every thing....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dormador
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:18 pm

really i need small answer ..
its possible or not that's it

eneimi

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm not sure I understand why you want another hotspot in the 433AH. Ok, even if you put one there, why don't you let it handle primary authentication and then the one in the x86 box handles secondary authentication. Which interface in the x86 is the 433AH connected to - the hotspot interface or the pppoe interface? Or do you have both running on the same interface (bad practice)?
If you must put a hotspot in the 433AH, then redirect authentication to the radius server in the x86 box.
It would be nice to know why you want two different hotspot servers in your network, i.e tell us precisely what you're end goal is, then we could probably help with some more specific directions.

dormador
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:22 pm

thanks eneimi for your comment
i dont know if you well believe me if i tell you whats happen in that day when i post this topic ...

i well tell you
am doing many test for test.. i havent any aim that day... when install hotspot and i dont know what setting really is ....
am opening netcut think what i see !!!

the lan ip range 10.0.0.1/24 OK .
i see one ip only it is for the the ip for wan . 10.5.50.34

i have 2 laptop and desktop ... am connect all these three computer to the routerboard 450G ... and after open netcut i see one ip also ....one MAC only !!!!
i never see any thing els ! no MAC no ip for my three computers!

i feel - in that time- am surviving hotspot and return the life to hotspot sold :lol:

i find one problem how can i take the authentication from main server to be my clients in save without broadband !
am doing reset to my board because some part of my network go down ... i think its easy to do it again,,,
BUT NOW I CANT DO THAT A GAIN ... AM DO MANY THING THAT DAY IN MY ROUTERBOARD ... BUT NOW I DONT KNOW WHATS HAPPEN....
FUCK OF THE LIVE :D

eneimi

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:46 pm

I'm sorry, you've lost me. I suggest an online translator if that may improve the clarity of your message.