Community discussions

MikroTik App

Superdust
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

UM and limited time

Mon May 31, 2010 2:57 pm

I want to make limitations for users, witch should only be allowed to have access for five hours after first logon (not able to split it up, and use time later after five hours passed sins first logon).

And I want to make users that have 24 hours available, but they can use this time as they like (split it up over several days).

When creating a profile there is 2 choices.
I can put a value in the field Validity under profiles,
and I can put a value in the field uptime under limitations.

Witch should I for for what case?

I also noticed that if I set limitations, for uptime etc, these do not work as long as the users is logged on.
Ie if the user up time is set to 10min, if he stay logged on and don`t log out, he can use the network as he like.
It`s when he loges out and try to log in again the limitation denys him access.

How do I solve this?

jober
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: UM and limited time

Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:52 pm

I would like to know this too.

usmany
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: UM and limited time

Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:09 pm

Good Day,

I have a problem on user time limitation... i have created user accounts (group 1hour, 2 hours, 3 hours) unders userman credit.

If i generated usernames and passwords for 1 hour, say 100 account users. When a customer buy a ticket, instead of the ticket to read 1 hour, some tickets will read 1d24/00m i.e. 1 day 24 hours while some will give you just 1 hour time.

Does it mean the accounting system is not working well or is it from the radius setting?